GameCube shows video but no audio

pacthesir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having issues with my GameCube which worked yesterday as I am writing this, today I turned it on after fiddling with the Digital A/V Out but nothing too major and then I turned it on but no audio plays, I thought it was my tv but I tested it on my CRT TV but still no audio, so I used different A/V cables, still no audio. So I know it's the GameCube itself. Does anybody know what happend? I feel like this is going to be a complicated repair...

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to guess, I'd say the power line for the audio is somehow gone or you blew it up by jiggling the cable around (certain older versions of a certain cable from a certain someone I won't mention has this issue).

This is a fix, but may not apply to your situation.
https://www.forums.modretro.com/index.php?threads/ladies-and-gentlemen-we-have-sound.2187/

Check that diode or whatever and see if it has voltage going to it before doing the audio fix.

pacthesir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to guess, I'd say the power line for the audio is somehow gone or you blew it up by jiggling the cable around (certain older versions of a certain cable from a certain someone I won't mention has this issue).

This is a fix, but may not apply to your situation.
https://www.forums.modretro.com/index.php?threads/ladies-and-gentlemen-we-have-sound.2187/

Check that diode or whatever and see if it has voltage going to it before doing the audio fix.
Am I gonna need to buy a new motherboard because I'm not dealing with this... I have an injured finger and I'm not going to burn myself. Is there a place that sells DOL-001 Board replacements or is there a good listing on eBay?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I gonna need to buy a new motherboard because I'm not dealing with this... I have an injured finger and I'm not going to burn myself. Is there a place that sells DOL-001 Board replacements or is there a good listing on eBay?

Ebay would be the best place. Although it'll be marked up like crazy, since it's GameCube.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: