Gamecube Remakes Temporarily Freeze

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by pavachan, Jun 3, 2010.

Jun 3, 2010
  1. pavachan
    OP

Newcomer pavachan Member

Israel
    Hello.
    I am using an LG 320gb USB 2.0 hard drive and the latest USB Loader GX (the one that has an internal patch for PoP Forgotten Sands).

When trying to run Wii games like Galaxy, Galaxy 2, New SMB Wii, Metroid 3 etc, all is well.
    However, I have tried running Pikmin and Resident Evil 0 (the Wii remakes, not GC ones), both PAL, as is the console,
    and what keeps happening is, in RE for example, when moving in the train from one camera view to another, the game freezes for several seconds,
    sometimes 3-4, sometimes >15 sconds before loading the new camera view.
    Same happens in Pikmin. When, for example, I approach the ship's engine for the 1st time, not only does the game freeze, but the screen also goes black for almost a minute or more, before resuming.

I am assuming this has something to do with the GC's loading method, and the inability to emulate it correctly from the USB drive?
    Has anyone else run into this or knows of a solution? I've tried using the search, but found no relevant results.

Thank you.

2. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    the remakes are using the wii hardware not gamecube, and they run perfectly fine here via hdd, maybe bad rip or bad hdd? it has nothing to do with gamecube as they are wii games

3. pavachan
    OP

Newcomer pavachan Member

Israel
    I switched to using IOS 222 (the one i use for Monster Hunter Tri (something to do with cIOS 37 from Hermes, i dont know too much about this stuff)) and all these freezing issues seem to be gone.