Gamecube Loader semi-working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bohsocks, Mar 13, 2009.

1. bohsocks
    OP

bohsocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    Hey.

I installed the WiiGator Gamecube Loader, and the MIOS thing that goes with it.

I put in a DVD with Wind Waker, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario Golf. They were all PAL.

I put in the disc and open the loader. It loads and recognizes the 3 ISOs (actually GCM put into one ISO) on my disc. I can sort through the games by pressing left/right.

But when I load it (either by pressing A, B, R, or X), the Wii just goes blank -- my TV's blue "off" screen comes up, but the Wii still has the green light on.

Is this a problem with the files actually being GCM and not ISOs that I put into one big ISO that I burnt?

How can I fix this?

2. blazingwolf

blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    If your playing PAL games on a NTSC console TV that might be the problem, get NTSC versions of the game, should work just fine.

3. iResilient

iResilient Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    If you have Starfall (and maybe Preloader's) 'Region-Free GC Games With Video Mode-Patched' enabled, that may be the cause of the problem.

4. bohsocks
    OP

bohsocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    I have audio working -- no video though [​IMG] What now?

5. eric_4_life

eric_4_life GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2008
    Canada
    I had that problem with Metal Gear, and to fix it, I reinstalled the patched mios (v5)

6. bohsocks
    OP

bohsocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    Meh... uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help me at all -- the sound of Wind Waker is beckoning me [​IMG]

7. bohsocks
    OP

bohsocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    This is incredibly frustrating. I reinstalled the Mios patcher... nothing. The app... nothing. I deleted and reinstalled the Homebrew Channel.... nothing.

Not nothing... only audio. No video. Ugh.

8. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Do you have that GCN region free Starfall patch enabled or not?

9. bohsocks
    OP

bohsocks Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    I don't know what that is. I'll look it up.... but the GCN Loader makes you select the region of your DVD before it loads it -- it supports PAL, NTSC, etc...

my DVD is PAL, my TV is NTSC... but I pick PAL when using the loader.... so I should be okay right?