Hacking * * Gamecube Launcher Official Thread * *

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
kedest said:
the dol file is the patcher and installer application. It will need the wad file to patch, you'll have to put that file in the root of the sd card

nope.....waninkoko mIOS Patcher could also work by wi-fi connection, downloading on-the-fly the mIOS v8
lecture.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks i was hoping to try that MGS next appreciate that feedback bro!

Some more results

Sonic Adventure DX Directors Cut NTSC works gr8 (press A to load autodetected)

Sky's of Arcadia Legends PAL Works gr8 as well (load w/ MIOS boot press B to load)

MegaMan X Collections NTSC works gr8 as well (loaded by pressing a to autodetect

My Console Info:
3.2U w/Softmii and Preloader installed all 20 some options in syshacks enabled...custom (Twilight Princess) health screen...Corps fully installed as well..NO MOD CHIP AT ALL

ALL BOOTED DIRECTLY FROM THE DISC CHANNEL! THANX TO SOFTMII!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
I have abandon the ole blog bro...it got to be the source of my emails missery
wink.gif
know what i mean? lol

Thanks for the info to Golfman560! I did not know that! (I knew that the Wii backups started working after i installed softmii (as well as what i added to the hack.ini file that works a treat for region free custom system menu recovery ect....I am very impressed with this CSM so far!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Since the original GC Memory Cards dont work - can somebody name some which should work with the GC Launcher?

Thanks

I had an issue loading any of the loaders IF my mem card was in slot one....I just switched the card to slot 2...Now it saves my games just fine! So you could give that a try maybe? Hope that helps!

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
vettacossx said:

ALL BOOTED DIRECTLY FROM THE DISC CHANNEL! THANX TO SOFTMII!

Actually Waninkoko's MIOS allows you to boot from the Disc Channel without SoftMii/CIOSCorp

And vetta, update your blog/site every once in awhile.

I can't boot my GC Backups from the Disc channel, so how can he?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
i never installed waninkokos Cmios...UNLESS its the MIOS PATCHER that came with the GC Backup Loader? (I used that MIOS patcher) when i did the GC backup launcher setup THE APP PROMPTED TO ASK IF I WANTED TO JUST INSTALL OR INSTALL WITH CHANNEL i of course choose to install with channel support...

all the files needed were grabbed from the net (had to be online w/ my wii) using Mios patcher...I never needed any wad files from waninkokos site tho....but yeah mios is why it works is what he is saying...which makes sense
tongue.gif
thats why his bros works too
smile.gif
he chose disk channel support when setting up option for the MIOS patch process

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
I appreciate you clearing up HOW it works tho I did not know what exactly Mios patcher did! but after you pointed the thing w/ your brother out it makes sense that MIOS patcher is the tool allowing for GC backups in the disc channel...I just thought it was another fancy feature rich part of this amazing softmii CSM w/ preloader dilly
smile.gif
I am really enjoying the CSM features sometimes a reboot just to see my health screen all zelda-d up
smile.gif
lol anyone try booting MGS using the boot with MIOS option? (pressing b instead of a) because some games will ONLY work w/ mios option like skys of arcadia for example...

Phantasy Star Online 3 PAL does NOT WORK

(tried booting all options in loader to no avail...also tried loading pre-loaders GC region free hacks to "assist" w/ no luck either) So that one is the first game i have tried that did not work aside from Xtreme G Racing Association (which booted then gave a disc read error and promted to power down) but PSO:3 was the first one that didnt at least boot up
wink.gif
so the compat is pretty good so far IMO!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mega man x collecting works do all 7 games work? i would love to play battle and chase...

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
mega man x collecting works do all 7 games work? i would love to play battle and chase...

yeah bro they all seem to work fine
smile.gif
(or at least the first stages of each title do..havent tried every stage of everygame yet of course but yes they all load up) I only breafly loaded each one just to be sure no read errors popped up but yeah i played the hell outa X6 today
smile.gif

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vettacossx said:

I think games like this don't work because they search for the GC lan adapter thing when launching. Other's had problems with Ep 1 and 2 backups, and I have problems with my retail disc IF I have a memory card inserted.

Sekkyumu

Trophies
Website
charaveldesign.com
XP
Country
France
Golfman560 said:
What do you mean? Are they not used to what PAL Games usually are? I never heard of controls switching between regions.

Well like the controls get crazy actually haha. I thought that was from my unofficial controllers but my "real" games and PAL backups work perfectly. Weird.

TheBlackLink

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendoworlds.com
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
vettacossx said:

I think games like this don't work because they search for the GC lan adapter thing when launching. Other's had problems with Ep 1 and 2 backups, and I have problems with my retail disc IF I have a memory card inserted.
Indeed. Though I find it a bit strange that the retail version would have trouble loading. My retail copy loads fine with/without a memory card inserted.
Either way as of now, The Phantasy Star Games won't load because of either the lan adapter thing, or some other unkown reason. Perhaps there may be a way around this in a future update, though I've no idea how. (Since we're dealing with gamecube mode)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.