* * Gamecube Launcher Official Thread * *

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hadrian, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    Like MGS, with multiple discs? So far I've heard that it won't work, but I think Waninkoko is working on a better solution and its "coming soon" acording to his site.

2. Prisoner

Prisoner GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2007
    Italy
    nope.....waninkoko mIOS Patcher could also work by wi-fi connection, downloading on-the-fly the mIOS v8 [​IMG]

3. vettacossx

vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Sep 19, 2008
    Right Behind You! Uh Oh!
    thanks i was hoping to try that MGS next appreciate that feedback bro!

Some more results

Sonic Adventure DX Directors Cut NTSC works gr8 (press A to load autodetected)

Sky's of Arcadia Legends PAL Works gr8 as well (load w/ MIOS boot press B to load)

MegaMan X Collections NTSC works gr8 as well (loaded by pressing a to autodetect

My Console Info:
    3.2U w/Softmii and Preloader installed all 20 some options in syshacks enabled...custom (Twilight Princess) health screen...Corps fully installed as well..NO MOD CHIP AT ALL

ALL BOOTED DIRECTLY FROM THE DISC CHANNEL! THANX TO SOFTMII!

4. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    Actually Waninkoko's MIOS allows you to boot from the Disc Channel without SoftMii/CIOSCorp

And vetta, update your blog/site every once in awhile.

5. vettacossx

Sep 19, 2008
    Right Behind You! Uh Oh!
    I have abandon the ole blog bro...it got to be the source of my emails missery [​IMG] know what i mean? lol

Thanks for the info to Golfman560! I did not know that! (I knew that the Wii backups started working after i installed softmii (as well as what i added to the hack.ini file that works a treat for region free custom system menu recovery ect....I am very impressed with this CSM so far! [​IMG]

I had an issue loading any of the loaders IF my mem card was in slot one....I just switched the card to slot 2...Now it saves my games just fine! So you could give that a try maybe? Hope that helps!

6. WhiteWingedKnigh

WhiteWingedKnigh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    Ummm.....
    I can't boot my GC Backups from the Disc channel, so how can he?

7. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    Do you have Waninkoko's cMOIS? My brother said he was using it and the GC backups worked in the Disc Channel (And he doesn't have SoftMii/CIOSCorp)

8. WhiteWingedKnigh

WhiteWingedKnigh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    Ummm.....
    Don't think so? Do i get it off his main site?

9. vettacossx

Sep 19, 2008
    Right Behind You! Uh Oh!
    i never installed waninkokos Cmios...UNLESS its the MIOS PATCHER that came with the GC Backup Loader? (I used that MIOS patcher) when i did the GC backup launcher setup THE APP PROMPTED TO ASK IF I WANTED TO JUST INSTALL OR INSTALL WITH CHANNEL i of course choose to install with channel support...

all the files needed were grabbed from the net (had to be online w/ my wii) using Mios patcher...I never needed any wad files from waninkokos site tho....but yeah mios is why it works is what he is saying...which makes sense [​IMG] thats why his bros works too [​IMG] he chose disk channel support when setting up option for the MIOS patch process

10. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    Oh yeah, I forgot Wiigator's MIOSPatcher had that option. So yeah, either work. Waninkoko's just doesn't prompt you to get Disc Channel launching working.

11. vettacossx

Sep 19, 2008
    Right Behind You! Uh Oh!
    I appreciate you clearing up HOW it works tho I did not know what exactly Mios patcher did! but after you pointed the thing w/ your brother out it makes sense that MIOS patcher is the tool allowing for GC backups in the disc channel...I just thought it was another fancy feature rich part of this amazing softmii CSM w/ preloader dilly [​IMG] I am really enjoying the CSM features sometimes a reboot just to see my health screen all zelda-d up [​IMG] lol anyone try booting MGS using the boot with MIOS option? (pressing b instead of a) because some games will ONLY work w/ mios option like skys of arcadia for example...

Phantasy Star Online 3 PAL does NOT WORK

(tried booting all options in loader to no avail...also tried loading pre-loaders GC region free hacks to "assist" w/ no luck either) So that one is the first game i have tried that did not work aside from Xtreme G Racing Association (which booted then gave a disc read error and promted to power down) but PSO:3 was the first one that didnt at least boot up [​IMG] so the compat is pretty good so far IMO!

12. DJPlace

DJPlace The Hater of Sony Censor Ship!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    mega man x collecting works do all 7 games work? i would love to play battle and chase...

13. Sstew

Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

Jul 15, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    Any downloadable channel for this app. Like a .wad that they have for Gamma and such

14. vettacossx

Sep 19, 2008
    Right Behind You! Uh Oh!

yeah bro they all seem to work fine [​IMG] (or at least the first stages of each title do..havent tried every stage of everygame yet of course but yes they all load up) I only breafly loaded each one just to be sure no read errors popped up but yeah i played the hell outa X6 today [​IMG]

15. Djarid

Djarid Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    I've made a channel for myself but why not sharing it with you guys?
    * There is no sound included. It's to annoying!

Image:
    [​IMG]

Download link from MU

16. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    I think games like this don't work because they search for the GC lan adapter thing when launching. Other's had problems with Ep 1 and 2 backups, and I have problems with my retail disc IF I have a memory card inserted.

17. Sekkyumu

Sekkyumu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2005
    France
    France
    Hmmm most of the NTSC games run funny on my PAL Wii (like the controls are fucked up mostly). Maybe someone else has this kind of problem?

18. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    What do you mean? Are they not used to what PAL Games usually are? I never heard of controls switching between regions.

19. Sekkyumu

Sekkyumu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2005
    France
    France
    Well like the controls get crazy actually haha. I thought that was from my unofficial controllers but my "real" games and PAL backups work perfectly. Weird.

20. TheBlackLink

TheBlackLink Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    The Dark Side of Hyrule
    Indeed. Though I find it a bit strange that the retail version would have trouble loading. My retail copy loads fine with/without a memory card inserted.
    Either way as of now, The Phantasy Star Games won't load because of either the lan adapter thing, or some other unkown reason. Perhaps there may be a way around this in a future update, though I've no idea how. (Since we're dealing with gamecube mode)