Hacking GameCube ISOs | USB Loader GX

syhr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I'm rather new to the whole Wii modding scene and just as I thought I got a good configuration, things began going wrong. Suddenly, I was trying to load a GameCube game via USB Loader GX which I have been using for quite some time now, and has suddenly gone wrong. When I try to open a GameCube game via the loader, I receive the error "Exception (DSI) occurred!" followed by a Stack Dump and a Code Dump. I'm almost certain I'm not providing enough information here, so just let me know what information you need to assist me with this and I will happily provide it.

Thanks,
Rhys

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which version do you use ? (1268 is the current one)
be sure you updated all your program versions (USBLoaderGX and nintendont)

did it used to work ? or you never could launch GC from this loader?

does it happen with all games?
does it happen right when you click on a game, when you launch it, do you see nintendont boot logo or any nintendont related data?
did you try to launch nintendont from HBC to verify it's not a nintendont problem ?
did you try to reset all USBLoaderGX settings?

syhr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
which version do you use ? (1268 is the current one)
be sure you updated all your program versions (USBLoaderGX and nintendont)

did it used to work ? or you never could launch GC from this loader?

does it happen with all games?
does it happen right when you click on a game, when you launch it, do you see nintendont boot logo or any nintendont related data?
did you try to launch nintendont from HBC to verify it's not a nintendont problem ?
did you try to reset all USBLoaderGX settings?
USB Loader GX is on Version 1268
Everything was downloaded less than 2 weeks ago, so I would imagine they are the latest program versions
I used to be able to load all my GameCube games properly up until about 3 days ago
It happens with every GameCube game in my library
When I launch the game it goes straight to the error, no Nintendont screen is shown
Using Nintendont as a standalone launcher allows me to launch all of my games properly
Oh my god I'm an idiot, I just reset all the settings and it works now. I'm facepalming so hard right now, thank you so much haha.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry that you had to reset all the setting, you'll have to set everything back correctly, but now it works :)
so, it was probably a wrong setting, but the loader shouldn't crash if something is not compatible. I guess we will never know, unless you get that error again. if you do, please take a screen so we can find where the crash is and fix the bug.

syhr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry that you had to reset all the setting, you'll have to set everything back correctly, but now it works :)
so, it was probably a wrong setting, but the loader shouldn't crash if something is not compatible. I guess we will never know, unless you get that error again. if you do, please take a screen so we can find where the crash is and fix the bug.
Alright, awesome, thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-