Homebrew Gamecube ISO Problem

starcrytas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I extract rar file to get an Iso, I get a bunch of .r01, .r02, and so on.
I found another rar file and get an iso.

When I try to convert the iso in Diskex, I get an error.

Help please?
I have no idea what to do.

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just open the .r01 file with winrar or 7-Zip. Try running discex as an administrator if not try downloading it again. If it still gives you an error then you probably have a bad dump.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
or, you know... just don't use DiscEx or GCReEx.
You can use the ISO without modifying/converting/compressing/extracting it.
rename the file to "game.iso" (g + a + m + e, not the game name), and put it in the expected folder using your file browser.

If the game doesn't work, then the ISO is bad. (most likely as DiscEx gives you errors).

Also, don't use DiscEx, you should use DMtoolbox which is provided with DIOS MIOS (Lite). It's doing what DiscEx does but has more options and is more recent.

starcrytas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go to boot the game using Dios Mios Lite, it doesn't load.
I'm trying to get Star Fox Assault NTSC-U to work.

Do I have a bad ISO or do I have to update the Dios Mios Lite to the latest version?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If DiscEx gave you some errors it's probably a bad ISO.

RAW: Full 1:1 ISO (no changes are made, it's a clean ISO)
Optimized : Remove unneeded data to shrink the ISO (may not work with all games, you should try 1:1 if the game doesn't work)
extracted : extract the ISO content to a folder, and DIOS MIOS will load the game files located in the folder instead of loading the ISO.

starcrytas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Dios Mios lite to the latest version and the game loaded without any errors.

That's all.
Thanks for the help!

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am using DMToolbox even with Nintendont on vWii as it is not recommended it have been working fine! xD

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using DMToolbox even with Nintendont on vWii as it is not recommended it have been working fine! xD

This thread is 3 years old. There is no need to use any type of tool whatsoever for Gamecube disc images. Just put them in the proper folder on your HDD: "/games/Title [TitleID]/game.iso" or "/games/Title [TitleId]/disc2.iso"

Reactions: WiisleyU

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There´s no need but I prefer since it does all the work "automagically" and recomend to others less informed to transfer simple and easy.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There´s no need but I prefer since it does all the work "automagically" and recomend to others less informed to transfer simple and easy.

The thing is , if you use DMToolbox causally, it can break a lot of games especially audio streaming games and if you run into problems, no one can really help you as there is no way to tell if your iso is good or bad - There is no database for MD5 hashes for processed iso and there will probably never be.

When you said " it have been working fine", did you played all the isos from start to finish?

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
All the iso I've tested worked on this mode, not meaning I've played every game till the end already.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The thing is , if you use DMToolbox causally, it can break a lot of games especially audio streaming games and if you run into problems, no one can really help you as there is no way to tell if your iso is good or bad - There is no database for MD5 hashes for processed iso and there will probably never be.

When you said " it have been working fine", did you played all the isos from start to finish?
actualy dm toolbox is basicaly the only tool to shrink audiostreaming games correctly if you set the alligment in 32k option audiostreaming games will work fine.
All the iso I've tested worked on this mode, not meaning I've played every game till the end already.

afaik dmtool box is only imcompatible with afew games like kirby air ride and some others but very few.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
actualy dm toolbox is basicaly the only tool to shrink audiostreaming games correctly if you set the alligment in 32k option audiostreaming games will work fine.

afaik dmtool box is only imcompatible with afew games like kirby air ride and some others but very few.

Agreed, thats why I said "if used causally". I wouldn't expect those "less informed" will use the tools correctly and 1:1 iso is always preferred anyway.

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I let it in "Auto" option, can I use the other options unlike "RAW" to shrink games to play games on Nintendont? How do I know these games?
Capturar_2017_02_13_00_08_20_547.jpg

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I let it in "Auto" option, can I use the other options unlike "RAW" to shrink games to play games on Nintendont? How do I know these games?View attachment 78242
you dont even need to use it you can get any iso or .gcm file and just rename it to game.iso and it will work, to shrink just choose optimized and choose 32k option and there isnt any way to find out if the iso will be compatible with the tool or not, using raw 1.35gb discs renamed to game.iso is the 100% compat method.

Last edited by pedro702,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1