Hacking Gamecube Iso Booting problems... help?

Question_asker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am urgently in need of help!

I'm trying to boot a GameCube Iso on my WII and I have tried many, many methods.

I have tried using Wiiflow; Which resulted in an error message:
Failed assertion: JKRMemArchive.cpp = 418
mArcheader->signature=_'RARC_'

I have tried Usb Loader GX, and it doesn't seem to find it no matter what I do and where i put it.

I have tried Configurable Usb Loader v70.
An earlier version would recognize it but when it loaded it would always say that I needed to ubdate the loader
After updating It would not find it at all

I have tried Dios Mios and Dios Mios lite, but the only thing that would show up on the screen was:
Boot DVD from Drive (Which I cant since my WII will no longer read discs)

I even tried that one GameCube game booter by wiigator but that just went straight to a green screen and rebooted the WII

If anyone has anything they can say to help me it would be GREATLY appreciated

Additional information:
I have a 4.3U Wii
My disc drive will not read discs

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your hdd formatted to fat32 32kb is your sd formatted to fat32 64kb if so then the game might not work without a disc in the drive, not all games will work without a working disc drive and a game in it. Try onother iso one that works without a disc in drive

Question_asker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, my USB and my SD are formatted to those specifications

But what are some Isos i can use that dont need a disc inserted and a working disc drive to play?
(like links specifically)

The only GameCube game that I wish to play is The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker

Edit: It can't be the Iso because it works well on Dolphin, just has a little lag and that's it

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windwaker is working for me with no disc, try enabling no disc in your loaders settings im not sure if you need a working disc drive for dios mios to work and check the dios mios compatability list to see what games work with no disc.

Question_asker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't work either... :wacko:

Does it have to be in a specific folder or something, because i had compressed it to game.iso in a folder with its Hex name and i put that in the root of my USB

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah you place the hex folder into a folder called games at the root of the drive, "I've only used usb loader gx". Go into usb lost gx, there should be an option to display wii games, gamecube games, NAND and such. Also in the settings under custom paths, you need to see if its set for the right path. Main gamecube path in the settings, three page I think. To see the gamecube games in usb loader gx, there is a toolbar on top or the bottom of the home screen of gx, click on the one with the pic of a wiimote and a classic controller, check off gamecube games.

Question_asker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your just doing this for wind waker, it has a glitch that makes dragon roost island temple really hard to play. The heat waves make the game all messed up.
I've played and beat Oot Master Quest on Wii64, I think I can handle a little warped textures and stuff B-)

To tell you the truth though, Wind Waker is the only Zelda game I haven't beaten, so I'm really determined to get it and play!

....and is Usb lost GX like a setting on usb loader gx or an entirely new app?

Question_asker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you place the nex four into a folder called games at the root of the drive, "I've only used usb loader gx". Go into usb lost gx, there should be an option to display wii games, gamecube games, NAND and such. Also in the settings under custom paths, you need to see if its set for the right path.
Could you be a bit more specific?

Like for example: Which Path should I optimize, Where is the display option found, et cetera.

Question_asker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, geez
I hate working with DOL files.......

So I extract it and put the 249 boot.DOL in the USB loader GX folder on the root of the SD card correct?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you put the usbloader gx boot.dol in your apps folder in usbloader gx replacing boot.dol with r1215 249 boot.dol.

Question_asker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's Basically what I just said... :3
OK I Will try and Survey my results

Edit: I think it's worth asking but what's with the ELF file, does that serve any significance in this situation, or is it just there
(I have almost no knowledge on DOL files and ELF files)

Question_asker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i moved wind waker to my computer and tried a Wii game since that's what USB loader was originally for (right?), and I used Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Correct me if I'm wrong:

This is where the file is located on my USB Drive:
Root:/games:/SUKE01:/SUKE01.iso

In The WII backup manager it is recognizable as Kirby wii, but the description states that it is Kirby's RtD.

I am still stuck with the conundrum of it having to actually Find it before it can play it, and I haven't gotten anywhere so far. While I do admit that it does seem easier to navigate with this new USB loader I still can't seem to get the Iso to be found.

Also there was a message that popped up after I selected the partition, but I... er.... forgot what it was..... :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi