Gamecube games error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Black_Knight_666, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009

Gamecube games error by Black_Knight_666 at 2:41 AM (1,377 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Black_Knight_666
    OP

Member Black_Knight_666 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Whenenver i insert a gcn game in my wii, about 5 sec later "ann error has occured" comes up. What do i do?

2. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    You mean like a legit gc game, or a backup? Did you install Wiigator's GC loader (mIOS)? What cIOS do you have?

3. Black_Knight_666
    OP

Member Black_Knight_666 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    a legitimate gc game. I installed CIOSCORP 3.3 recently... could that have something to do with it? cos when i go to the disc channel the disc spins for a few seconds then has the error

4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You didn't by chance install the MIOS part of cIOSCORP did you? If so, try getting a normal MIOS & BC wad from NUS Downloader and installing that.

cIOSCORP causes problems some times. (Most often it's with Hackmii installer whining about vulnerable IOSes). I've seen so many bad things about it (2 friends i know bricked their wii's using it).

5. mattjd

Member mattjd GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just grab the latest version BC from NUSD and install the wad then use waninkoko's cMIOS installer rev3 ten backups and original's will work.

6. bungee91

Newcomer bungee91 Newbie

United States
    I am having this exact same problem and would really appreciate a more detailed response if possible.

I just can't boot original GC games (I have no interest in backed up ones)

My setup is 3.1U (virgin) to 4.1U (from guide, waninkoko updater) following the simplistic guide posted here so (CIOSRev 14, PreLoader .29, Dop-IOS V7, and Trucha Bug restrorer). I also used CIOSCorp V3.3.

My backup Wii games work fine, but I get the error for original GC games.

They didn't work before, or after (I tried this incase it would fix it) miosCorp (yes I know this is for Backups).

I understand what NUS is but no clue on the "BC" abbreviation.

So if someone could explain the steps a bit better it would be appreciated (sorry if you take this as being "spoon fed")
    I have read a LOT on understanding the Wii, this was just a bit unexpected.

Thanks,
    Jeff

7. bungee91

Newcomer bungee91 Newbie

United States
    Ok so answering my own questions a BC is

Title ID: "00000001-00000100 BC Used to start GC games -- sets Hollywood speed to 162MHz, loads boot2, which then eventually loads MIOS "

So I grab a new one of those with NUSD, and also the MIOS one which looks to be this one

Title ID: "00000001-00000101 - MIOS: Gamecube compatibility IOS -- active while Gamecube games are being played on the Wii."

(Grabbed everything from here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database)

Then I load those through Wad Manager and that should fix me up.... Right?

Thanks

8. mattjd

United Kingdom
    Yep but you should really use Waninkoko's cMIOS rev3 instead of the MIOS wad it just allows you too use backups as well just in case you want too play backed up GC games in the future...

9. _CARLOX_

Newcomer _CARLOX_ Member

United States
    I fixed this problem by installing a previous version of a patched IOS60. Look for CIOS60BF or something along those lines.

10. mattjd

United Kingdom
    Yeah cIOS Corp is very annoying and causes tond of problems.

I just use my wiikey v1 and IOS's 36 and below downgraded and all above upgraded with trucha bug enabled works a treat [​IMG]