Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backstory.
Okay so I have a two gamecubes. One is a Dol-001 and the other is a Dol-101. The drive on the Dol-001 was crushed the motherboard is fully intact and the cube powers on and such. It has the HDMI mod installed as well this why I want to save it. The drive just doesn’t function at all.

Question.
Can I take the dvd drive from the Dol-101 cube and put it on the Dol-001 cube? Will I need to do anything special like marry the drive to the motherboard or anything?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are going to that much effort and have a fancy HDMI mod then why not do an optical disc drive emulator/odde? A few exist for the GC these days.

If the things are electrically compatible (no idea if they are, but I would not be surprised as much of the drive's logic carried over into the wii) then you should be good. Paired drives were on the original xbox but are mostly an issue for those on the 360.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
I've swapped drives from 001 to 001, as far as I know there aren't any changes to the disc drive between 001 and 101. Try it and see, really.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do tomorrow will be the big day. I just don’t want some sort of short to happen or something. I’ll post results

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup