GCN Gamecube Decompilation Projects is live now!

Ecchi95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's called doldecomp on GitHub. Only Melee is there so far and it's barely begun.

What games do you want to see decompiled and why?

Reactions: TheCasualties

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only Melee is there so far and it's barely begun.
What exactly makes you think they're going to decompile more of them? It's not exactly a trivial matter.

At this point I would have thought that Melee had been torn apart and put back together again repeatedly, such that a decompilation wouldn't really have any secrets.

I guess it might be nice to see Super Mario Sunshine turned into something playable, but that's a design issue that decompiling won't really help, I think.

Ecchi95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly makes you think they're going to decompile more of them? It's not exactly a trivial matter.

At this point I would have thought that Melee had been torn apart and put back together again repeatedly, such that a decompilation wouldn't really have any secrets.

I guess it might be nice to see Super Mario Sunshine turned into something playable, but that's a design issue that decompiling won't really help, I think.
I'm 100% sure that they're doing multiple GameCube games. They're doing multiple N64 games. Sounds like you're out of the loop.

(The N64 games they're doing on n64decomp are Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Goldeneye 007, and Perfect Dark.)

Last edited by Ecchi95,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are there useful decompilers for the weird powerpc of the gamecube and their attendant compilers or is this "just" a manual decompilation?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ecchi95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am indeed out of the loop. Hence my question: what exactly makes you think they're going to decompile more Gamecube games? There doesn't seem to be anything to that effect at https://github.com/doldecomp/ or https://github.com/doldecomp/melee . https://github.com/n64decomp is a different matter.
I know they will because n64decomp only had Super Mario 64 for nearly a year, and then they did more.

Are there useful decompilers for the weird powerpc of the gamecube and their attendant compilers or is this "just" a manual decompilation?
The same decompiler used as a starting point for N64 games (Ghidra) supports PPC.

Last edited by Ecchi95,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-