Gamecube controllers?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gunfreak11, Mar 1, 2009.

Mar 1, 2009

Gamecube controllers? by Gunfreak11 at 8:41 PM (1,432 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Gunfreak11
    OP

Member Gunfreak11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright, so im going to get myself some gamecube controllers for my wii, but heres the thing... There are official nintendo controllers, and very similar look alikes (Almost as if all thats different is that they dont have the nintendo logo)

The unofficial ones are slightly less expensive, but I would like to know if there is a reason that I should get the ninty ones over the unofficial ones. The only thing I see is the logo being off, but I would like to know about other behind the scenes differences in it....

2. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    get a wavebird, you will not regret it. yes they are expensive, (especially boxed) but well worth every penny

3. CreX

Member CreX GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Agreed!

1) The third party controllers are often really bad quality, especially the analog sticks.
    2) The Nintendo original wired has a really short wire on purpose so the wavebird would sell.

Try to get your hands on an original Nintendo wavebird gamecube controller. The Rumble is left out of the wavebird, but the wireless makes up for it ten times. [​IMG]

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I agree, don't buy an unofficial one. Just get a Nintendo controller. Play-asia has the white ones with a longer wire. The wavebird is even better.

5. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Hmm I was thinking of getting some gamecube games and controllers for my wii aswell. Just wondering if all unofficial controllers are bad quality. Because I've got a few 3rd party Xbox wireless controllers that work perfectly fine.

6. ddp127

Member ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    never get 3rd party gamecube controllers, i have 2 myself but one constantly rumbles and the buttons do nothing, and the other has problems with the analog stick, so i constantly walk to the left [​IMG]

7. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    I got myself an official black one, the only ones that look great too me (and very hard to found) for 10euros ^^

8. CreX

Member CreX GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    As the others said... never buy 3rd party Gamecube controllers. The analog sticks always suck. Especially if you play games where you want to make small precise movements. Racing for example, or FPS games.. were you want to turn just some milimeters smoothly and not at full speed.

9. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    I have a 3rd party controller, only cost me 10 euro
    it's excellent, and looks almost like a nintendo one

10. DDRPenguin

Member DDRPenguin GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    [​IMG]

I used to own 4 Platinum wavebirds, but I sold them because I couldn't handle the multiple battery chaos (Don't worry it shouldn't happen to you). My situation was that I have 4 Wiimotes and 4 Wavebirds which came to a total of 16 AAs. So I couldn't handle anymore and switched back to Wired, I bought the Official White controllers from japan which have 3 extra meters to length, which is nice. It blends in the wii, and the cord of it is white. The Rumble feature comes back, something I missed when I had wavebirds, because I couldn't feel anything.

So, go for the Wavebirds if you love wireless and can handle using more batteries, go for the White gamecube controllers for GREAT cord length and rumble.

NEVER, go for third party gamecube controllers, no matter if they look exactly like originals, they all suck! Mad catz, Pelican, Innovation...oh the list go on to how many third party companies have let me down with their own gamecube controllers.

11. Gunfreak11
    OP

Member Gunfreak11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the input guys! [​IMG]