Gamecube Controller Issues Dios-Mios

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Firefoyx, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Firefoyx
    OP

Firefoyx Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    Having an issue in which Dios-mios starts the game up fine, but the gamecube controller doesn't seem to work. The game I'm playing is F-zero GX and when i get to the choose memory card I can't select anything with the gamecube contoller, I know it isn't freezing, because when I remove the memory card it tells me to insert a card or proceed without savin (again can't select either option due to contoller not working).

I'm running the most recent veriosn of Dios-Mios (2.10) and the most recent version of wiiflow. I can confirm that the iso does in fact work (works in dolphin emulator at least). I have read that sometimes you need to have a disc on the drive in order for this to work, however, my disc drive is broken (why I softmodded wii in the first place) so if this is what's causing it and not something else I would like to know.

Also, I haven't had any problems with wii games, just gamecube. I can also can confirm that the controllers do work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. airline38

airline38 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2010
    Taiwan
  3. Firefoyx
    OP

Firefoyx Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, so it seems I need to be able to load a gamecube game in my disk tray, which isn't possible due to disc drive being broken. I was just wondering if there was an alternative, but it seems there isn't. Oh well, O guess I'll have to replace my drive.

4. airline38

airline38 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2010
    Taiwan
    Can you try to change date or time (goto system setting) ? Then see if GC controller works for DIOS MIOS or not.

The other alternative is to replace with a new battery(CR2032) then finish date/time setting.

5. Nate Eavers

Nate Eavers Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2014
    United States

Okay, so I came here with this exact same problem as OP, and changing the date and time fixed my issue. Can you please explain to me why that worked? I also want to thank you because you have proven yourself to be a God to me.