Hardware GameCube controller adapter compatible?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
what migles think Nintendo says about this:
the switch uses the fastest technology usb 3.1 and new controller technologies
the amazing gamecube adapter was developed with carefull special components designed to fit the wii u
therefore you now need a new switch adapter. costing 40 bucks. an adapter for wii u gamecube adapter will also be provided for 30 bucks

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what migles think Nintendo says about this:
the switch uses the fastest technology usb 3.1 and new controller technologies
the amazing gamecube adapter was developed with carefull special components designed to fit the wii u
therefore you now need a new switch adapter. costing 40 bucks. an adapter for wii u gamecube adapter will also be provided for 30 bucks
You left off the part about only making a limited number so as to support the Nintendo Scalper Community.

Reactions: migles

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has stated that at this time no controllers from before the Switch are compatible with the Switch, but they're looking into adding support for previous controllers. Should any previous controllers become compatible, I imagine the Wii U pro controller would be first, but when Smash appears on the system, I imagine they'll look into making the Gamecube adapter compatible, not sure how feasible it is, but I can see them at least giving it a try, specifically for Smash.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Nintendo has stated that at this time no controllers from before the Switch are compatible with the Switch, but they're looking into adding support for previous controllers. Should any previous controllers become compatible, I imagine the Wii U pro controller would be first, but when Smash appears on the system, I imagine they'll look into making the Gamecube adapter compatible, not sure how feasible it is, but I can see them at least giving it a try, specifically for Smash.
That little bugger is still worth a pretty penny new but should they make it compatible with the Switch, that would be awesome! WUPC has that awkward right top stick but besides that, it's an amazing controller that lasts well for over 70hrs of gameplay.

I'm not even sure how long the SPC lasts but it should be 50-60hrs, I'd guess. I've been playing Zelda since launch on my Switch with the SPC and hasn't asked me to recharge it. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)