cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Blue Retro is a new Bluetooth interface for retro gaming that aims to provide near lag free Bluetooth controller support. In testing DarthCloud64 was able to get some extremely impressive results that make Bluetooth controllers on par and in some cases better than direct 2.4ghz controllers.
Details here: https://www.retrorgb.com/gamecube-internal-blue-retro-upgrade-kit.html

Looks like it can turn on and off the console remotely, very useful.
I've just preordered one - looks great!

Will be really cool to use a bluetooth keyboard with PSO :)

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
now for the latency:
  1. PS4/PS5: ~5.4 ms
  2. XB1: ~8.8 ms
  3. Switch Pro: ~12.4 ms
  4. PS3: ~12.8
  5. WiiU Pro: ~13.2 ms
  6. 8bitdo: ~16.2 ms
  7. Wiimote: ~16.3 ms
so the experience will vary according on what you have, but it will always be bellow 1 frame.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty cool. Been following Laser Bear's Twitter and progress.

Too bad there's no decent bluetooth GameCube style controller... If I wanted to use anything else I'd just emulate...

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a board from 8bitmods. Can't wait to get it. While I'll likely use it with PS5 or 8bitdo controllers most of the time, I wonder how it will work with my PowerA Wireless GC controller made for Switch from 2018? I guess the biggest downside would be no analog triggers? Not sure how the latency is on it but it registers on the switch as a pro controller.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the video from MachoNacho yesterday about this. It looks great, but I'd like to know if it's also possible to use Xbox controllers.
You can use just about any Bluetooth controller. I've tested with PS3, PS4, XBox One, Series X/S, and the 8Bitdo NS30 Arcade Stick, and Switch controllers.

Reactions: koffieleut

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't...