GameCube Backups reset the Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Aldath, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Aldath
    OP

Aldath Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2013
    Mexico
    Hello guys

I actually have a 4.2U softmoded Wii.
    I used to run the GC backups trough the Gamecube Backup Launcher via Homebrew Channel, but I tried loading Zelda OOT and MQ and well, they just rebooted the console. I tried then Paper Mario 2, which used to work, and it rebooted.

I then, downloaded HackMii to upgrade all my CIOS, cMIOS and other stuff like wads and mods. I installed Priiloader and now my Wii detects a GC disc when I insert the backup. Well.... It used to AT LEAST load the Nintendo screen, now it just reboots the console, that simple.

I already installed BD and cMIOS 10 with all the corresponding Cios, and my CG backups just bounce me to the Main Menu... I tried loading Wii Backups and as long as I use cios 249 as base, they load as they should... I couldn't install WADS before but now I can, the only defunctional thing is the GC backups...

Help!

EDIT: I've found out that Paper Mario 2 and other baclups such as Robotech work just fine... Zelda is still not loading/reseting the wii, and it gets into the Select Game screen using Neogama with Inside GC settin, but after that it just resets.

2. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    For GC backup loading cMIOS is outdated. Right now the best choice would be DIOS MIOS with USB/SD card loading.

3. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Or Devolution.

4. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Jan 14, 2012
    Ideas factory :)
    you have a PM