d412k5t412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

It’s been a long time since I played my Wii, after updated it to 4.2, I couldn't load any of my GameCube games. I am using a D2Sun mod chip, and have the homebrew channel reinstalled along with bootmii and cios 222. I’m not exactly sure what to do because of how long it’s been since I’ve tried any of this on my Wii. When I attempt to load any GameCube game from the disc channel it just reboots my Wii. I also tried using gecko and neogamma with the same result. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Posts merged

I have also downgraded to 4.1

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
d412k5t412 said:
Hi all,

It’s been a long time since I played my Wii, after updated it to 4.2, I couldn't load any of my GameCube games. I am using a D2Sun mod chip, and have the homebrew channel reinstalled along with bootmii and cios 222. I’m not exactly sure what to do because of how long it’s been since I’ve tried any of this on my Wii. When I attempt to load any GameCube game from the disc channel it just reboots my Wii. I also tried using gecko and neogamma with the same result. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Posts merged

I have also downgraded to 4.1

Weird. Maybe that modchip you have, got blocked by teh nintendo update or it NEED an update.

Anyways, there are 2 ways of playing GCbackups (3 incluiding WODE, but I guess this isn´t the case). You already got the hardware one (ModChip), but you can switch to Software by installing the latest MIOS rev5 (rev10 inside) from waninkoko´s site, installing at least neogamma 8 and while in neogamma set GCMODE to MIOS.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Software backup launching is not compatible with modchips. But your issue sounds like a MIOS or cMIOS issue. Are you sure you did not mess with it?

There's no other (good) way to tell which MIOS or cMIOS you have installed than to just (re)install the one you want. Since you have a modchip, you want either a clean MIOS, or the cMIOS i use for NeoGamma, because the other's aren't really 100% modchip compatible.

Also, disable ANY GC related hacks or patches to system menu you might have enabled, none of them really works, and all they do is to mess up stuff.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
I had the exact same problem I was downgradin from 4.3 Until i installed waninkoko Cmios wad with wad manager and everything is spiffy. The file was supplied in darkcorp installer zip file (I did not tell you where to find it!)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are two files in the darkcorp full package. You should install WiiGator's cMIOS, Waninkoko's is not so good.
@d412k5t412:
Install the recommend cMIOS from here first and if this doesn't work download MIOS v4 with NUS Downloader and install it.

d412k5t412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done a system format, and reapplied the homebrew channel with bootmii, along with reinstalling certain custom ios's.

I tried a few things and was able to load Wind Waker twice by going into system menu hacks in priiloader, and enabling region free for GC games. After saving the settings then going back into the system menu to load the game, it loaded. I tried again, wii reset itself. I've only been able to recreate this once. Anyone have any idea whats going on with my wii?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
d412k5t412 said:
I've done a system format, and reapplied the homebrew channel with bootmii, along with reinstalling certain custom ios's.

I tried a few things and was able to load Wind Waker twice by going into system menu hacks in priiloader, and enabling region free for GC games. After saving the settings then going back into the system menu to load the game, it loaded. I tried again, wii reset itself. I've only been able to recreate this once. Anyone have any idea whats going on with my wii?
Try reinstalling MIOS v10 with a program such as DOP-Mii, or install WiiPower's cMIOS.
Also, a system format is one of the worst things to do to your Wii. All it does is remove all your channels and saves, and reset your shop account.

d412k5t412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried that, still the same result. Exactly what happens is I load the disc channel, it recognizes that it is a GameCube disc, and i start the channel. Screen goes black, disc drive lights up blue once, then no signal on my tv, and wii boots back up to the system menu.

Any other ideas? I'm thinking i need to start over again with a good tutorial.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You could try THIS cMIOS. To install this you will need a gamecube controller. Start the installer, press X to enable Wii Backup launcher support, press left on the digital stick to use MIOS v4 and press A to install.
edit: You must have cIOS249 v17 or lower to install it, otherwise you will get bad hash error.

d412k5t412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
You could try THIS cMIOS. To install this you will need a gamecube controller. Start the installer, press X to enable Wii Backup launcher support, press left on the digital stick to use MIOS v4 and press A to install.
edit: You must have cIOS249 v17 or lower to install it, otherwise you will get bad hash error.

That worked! Thanks so much. Such a simple fix lol.

Now im stuck getting my majora's mask save file transfered to my wii from my sd card. The Majora's Mask game is called "Zelda: Majora's" but every wad i find has the full title. Not able to transfer saved file til i find a Majora's mask wad that the channel name is just "Zelda: Majora's". I have the channel backed up but it wont let me transfer it from my SD.

This might not be the right section to ask the question but I figure id ask.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK, that's a bit harder, but no problem
cool.gif
install the channel wad, start the channel, create a save, go back to system menu and copy the new created save also to your sd card. now plug in your sd card to your PC, on the sd card go to folder private/wii/title and search the new created data.bin (look on the date created) and the old data.bin (the one with the title "Zelda: Majora's") and upload both files. The data.bin's are in sub-folders.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! It is kinda convenient that this topic was started, as it pertains to the question I got on to ask.

Okay, so I have my Wii softmodded and all is well. I can play any and every GCN game I have burned until recently. You see, I haven't burned one in about 6 months and I can still play all the ones I already burned, but when I try to burn and play new ones, I get a DVD error. It is a multiboot and I burned it at 4X speed on IMGburn. What am I doing wrong?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
AaronUzumaki said:
Wow! It is kinda convenient that this topic was started, as it pertains to the question I got on to ask.

Okay, so I have my Wii softmodded and all is well. I can play any and every GCN game I have burned until recently. You see, I haven't burned one in about 6 months and I can still play all the ones I already burned, but when I try to burn and play new ones, I get a DVD error. It is a multiboot and I burned it at 4X speed on IMGburn. What am I doing wrong?
DVD-R or DVD+R? Which DVD brand you used? Is this your first multiboot DVD?

d412k5t412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
OK, that's a bit harder, but no problem
cool.gif
install the channel wad, start the channel, create a save, go back to system menu and copy the new created save also to your sd card. now plug in your sd card to your PC, on the sd card go to folder private/wii/title and search the new created data.bin (look on the date created) and the old data.bin (the one with the title "Zelda: Majora's") and upload both files. The data.bin's are in sub-folders.

Upload both files to where?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please upload to mediafire.com. And when you are posting the links, please say which file is the old data.bin and which one the new data.bin
wink.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

d412k5t412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
d412k5t412 said:
FIX94 said:
Please upload to mediafire.com. And when you are posting the links, please say which file is the old data.bin and which one the new data.bin
wink.gif

I have uploaded the data.bin files to mediafire. http://www.mediafire.com/?5qlcjt8mboma17b
I also included a readme to explain each data.bin file.

Thanks so much!
So... I think that's it!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fkjqkkjdkw43...+old%20save.rar

Worked! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
AaronUzumaki said:

DVD-R or DVD+R? Which DVD brand you used? Is this your first multiboot DVD?

I use +R and no, I have made a dozen multiboots before. I've also tried -R, but it made no difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30