gamecube backup with cioscorp

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by johnnyturk, Jun 5, 2009.

Jun 5, 2009
  1. johnnyturk
    OP

Newcomer johnnyturk Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    hi guys, been loving the softmodded wii recently, thought id try a back up gamecube game, but it just regognise that its a gamecube game then resets the system when i try and play

i have cioscorp and am loading through disc channel

ps, i have ciosrev10, havent been on here for a while and i see ciosrev13 being mentioned

do i need to install rev 11, and 12 and 13, or just 13? and whats the easiest way, thanks

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    what MIOS do you have?

3. johnnyturk
    OP

United Kingdom
  4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If you can play original GC games you have MIOS. It's basically the IOS used when any Gamecube games are running. I think title lister can find the version: http://wiibrew.org/w/images/4/4a/Title_lister.zip. Just run it, then look at the log it leaves on the SD card. It'll have MIOS in it somewhere along with the version numbers.

5. wanders

Newcomer wanders Advanced Member

United States
    You need to go install Wiigator's cMIOS. If you have cioscorp, just run 'miospatcher' and be sure to hit X in the installer so that you can launch them directly from the disc channel.

6. johnnyturk
    OP

United Kingdom
    i got miospatcher, left it on miosv5 cos i dno what im doing =P pressed x, got a code dump error

edit

scratch that, i ran it again and it works fine, though i now wonder, is there a way to get he gamecube to save onto the sd rather then gamecube memory card? cos the gamecube memory card is SO SMALL!

also, i have read about multiboots, can i use the multiboot with what i have now? if so, how is it done?