Gamecube Backup Loader freezes on startup.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Edge4o7, Jan 18, 2010.

Jan 18, 2010
  1. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    Hey guys. Basically, I've been trying to get GC Backup Loader 2.0 to work all day. Everywhere I look for instructions, it seems really simple, and I'm sure it is, but I just cannot get it to work. I installed/patched MIOS, various different ones that different sites/guides had, but the GCBUL just freezes on start up, and I have to get up and hold the power button until it turns off.

Any help getting this to work would be greatly appreciated. The problem could be something really simple or dumb that I may have overlooked because I'm admittedly a bit upset right now lol.

EDIT: I think I read somewhere that I needed a special MIOS revision or version or whatever to load multi-game discs. Is that true? Which one is it?

2. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Are you just useing Neogamma to boot your GC backup it will goto the GC menu when you load the disk

3. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    I've tried using the GC backup loader and it freezes, and NeoGamma (R8) gives the message "Timed Out" when I put in various GC games.

4. cobleman

Australia
  5. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    Thanks for the link man.

I think I screwed up pretty bad actually. I just tried some legit gamecube games I had lying around, and neither of them worked. I just got a green glitchy screen and it froze. /sigh I screwed up.

6. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    Alright, if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I fixed the legit gamecube games not working, they work now. I uninstalled the previously installed MIOS.

I took the MIOS that Cobel so nicely linked me. I run it from the HBC, I press X to change it to GCbackup and Wii backup compatibility, and press A to install. It installs fine, says done, etc. Gamecube BU Loader still freezes, Wii Loader "Timed Out" with gamecube games.

Really confused and angry here lol. It's not even about playing gamecube at this point, it's about "WHY WONT THIS WORK!"

7. cobleman

Australia
    use neogamma to load disk! What games are you loading? Do you get to the wiigator .2 gui where it says to load your game?

8. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    I've tried using NeoGamma to load it. It gives the the "Timedout" error. I'm trying to load a multi game iso I made with the WiiKit. It's got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Mario Party 4, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, and Paper Mario Thousand Year Door on it. It doesn't matter what game I'm loading with the Gamecube backup loader though, because even with no game it freezes on start up where it says "Gamecube Loader" or whatever, with the gamecube logo.

I do not get to the WiiGator .2 gui, if that's the Gamecube loader. For NeoGamma, I get to the screen where I can choose to load my game and change options, etc. Wii games work there but Gamecube ones give the timeout error.

9. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    Here, maybe this is the root of my problem. I downloaded various packages containing the necessary files for this process, and I got 2 different sets of files depending on where I download. From some guys sig here (and various other places), I got the right side. When I put those in my apps folder, nothing shows up (I assume due to the fact that there are no pngs or dols). The left side files like the one Coble linked seem so basic in comparison.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x282/uh...Miospatcher.png

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x282/uh...rungcloader.png

Is this relevant at all?

10. cobleman

Australia
    lol the ones on the right are source files
    Ok what have you got installed we need to start from scratch something is not rite here!
    What system menu ? Ios's? Cios's? Trucha enabled ? DVDX? BootMii?

11. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    Alright.

System Menu 4.2 upgraded via this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901
    Trucha Bug Restored
    Honestly don't know how to check (c )IOSs. I know that I have 249 installed because I can play Wii Backups (Right?)

DVDX installed.
    BootMii installed.

12. cobleman

Australia
    Did you install startpatch or Preloader (i prefer startpatch because it doesnt mess up the options menu like Preloader does or can) if you have bootmii as boot2

13. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    I had StartPatch just to disable disc updates, then I got rid of it. My sister wanted to play Wiifit but it was asking for updates, so I disabled em with StartPatch.

14. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    No more ideas? [​IMG]

15. Sabin_Figaro

Member Sabin_Figaro GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    Remove gamecube memory cards before launching, and have the gc controller already in

16. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    Don't have a GC memory card yet, and I tried with and without the GC controller plugged in.

17. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
  18. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Make sure you're on cIOS rev17

19. cobleman

Australia
    ok you have a bad combo of games on the disk try a single game on a disk and see if it loads

20. Edge4o7
    OP

Newcomer Edge4o7 Member

United States
    I tried a single burn of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and no luck.

And to Fenrir, can you go into a little more detail or tell me how to check?

EDIT: Also, my games are all the right file size and they all played fine on my computer.