Gamecube Backup Launcher questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BlackEnigma, Apr 1, 2009.

Apr 1, 2009
  1. BlackEnigma
    OP

Member BlackEnigma GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Gamecube Backup Launcher question

What can I use to unpatch the MIOS. I currently don't see very many reasons for doing this but I would like to know.

What is the difference between WiiGator's MIOS patcher and Waninkoko's MIOS patcher?

Is there any chance that a patched MIOS can adversely effect original copies? I may have heard completely wrong but I seem to recall reading somewhere that someone was having problems with their original discs not playing after patching the MIOS. This would actually be a reason that I could think of for unpatching the MIOS.

I ask because currently all (over 30) of my Gamecube games are originals and if given the choice between them working and backups working I would choose them. With the Backup Launcher I would be gaining the ability to play games that I already have the originals to.

Finally yes, I have used the search feature but what I was able to gain from it is unsatisfactory.
    The scale tips toward a new topic in this case away from patching the MIOS without fully understanding and regretting later.
    I'd appreciate if replies do not simply say use the search function.

Thanks

2. Frozen_Fish

Member Frozen_Fish GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    What can I use to unpatch the MIOS. I currently don't see very many reasons for doing this but I would like to know.
    I'm fairly certain waninkoko's cMIOS installer has an option to restore the original MIOS. Not sure about Wiigator's though but you could just use Wad Manager to reinstall the original MIOS wad and overwrite the cMIOS.

What is the difference between WiiGator's MIOS patcher and Waninkoko's MIOS patcher?
    I'm not sure what the difference is between Waninkoko's and Wiigator's cMIOS's but they both work fine with the backup loader, personally I use Waninkoko's

Is there any chance that a patched MIOS can adversely effect original copies? I may have heard completely wrong but I seem to recall reading somewhere that someone was having problems with their original discs not playing after patching the MIOS. This would actually be a reason that I could think of for unpatching the MIOS.
    If you have starfall or preloader installed make sure you have the "region free GC games" hack uninstalled this will fix the issue of originals not booting.

Hope this helps [​IMG]

3. BlackEnigma
    OP

Member BlackEnigma GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thank you very much Frozen_Fish. This is exactly what I was trying to find out. And so Waninkoko's it is then.

Thanks again.

And I guess this thread can come up for air one last time before it sinks to the bottom of the ocean...