Hacking GameCube Backup Launcher 0.2 released

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kanoeyes said:
on my pal wii : ntsc zelda collector´s edition just go to the menu but don´t work when i try to play any game (stay´s black screen)
bloody roar just load the memory card and goes black screen too

I unfortunately cant test the new one out, but the old one you had to wait three minutes after pressing start. Has the 3 minutes been fixed or does it not load at all now ????

TwilightFireFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did miosv8 in the installer and gcbackup+ wii something launcher or whatever. Here's the thing. It autoboots. So my question is for games that are multi disc's like Metal Gear or Resident Evil how do I access the 2nd disc? I think its a reasonable enough question for a brand spanking new version of this launcher.

Edit: Basically all I'm asking is how do I access the menu on the launcher. I don't know if I fucked up by choosing miosv8 instead of miosv5. Any clue would be appreciated. Thanks.

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwilightFireFox said:
I did miosv8 in the installer and gcbackup+ wii something launcher or whatever. Here's the thing. It autoboots. So my question is for games that are multi disc's like Metal Gear or Resident Evil how do I access the 2nd disc? I think its a reasonable enough question for a brand spanking new version of this launcher.

Edit: Basically all I'm asking is how do I access the menu on the launcher. I don't know if I fucked up by choosing miosv8 instead of miosv5. Any clue would be appreciated. Thanks.

If both game discs are on one cd, then Your supposed to first select the second disk and press Z and then start the game with the first disc, the launcher would automatically start up teh second disc when the games asks for it.

I'm not sure If I am right tho, but go ahead and try it, should work..

TwilightFireFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I get no gui at the moment to select discs like in the older version. When I installed this one. I redid the mios with v8. Its automatically booting the games with no menu. So I'm left wondering if I did it wrong or is there a new way to get into the gui (graphic user interface/menu). Thanks for responding though. Hope more answers come in.

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kanoeyes said:
on my pal wii : ntsc zelda collector´s edition just go to the menu but don´t work when i try to play any game (stay´s black screen)

for me, it only works on backup launcher xi (havent tested it on theta).
on xi, i just press on the start button on the gc controller to reboot and then wait for 3 minutes. backup launcher 0.2 is way faster when it reboots but after about 3 minutes, it freezes... wonder why?
wtf.gif
oh well im no coder lol

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TriLLioN said:
kanoeyes said:

for me, it only works on backup launcher xi (havent tested it on theta).
on xi, i just press on the start button on the gc controller to reboot and then wait for 3 minutes. backup launcher 0.2 is way faster when it reboots but after about 3 minutes, it freezes... wonder why?
wtf.gif
oh well im no coder lol

I guess im keepin 0.1XI and 0.2
frown.gif

Just a question.... How come with certain games, when you try to run them with cioscorp+cmios installed in the disk channel, they dont play. But when you use auto-detect with the backup launcher, it runs fine.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
If I have cioscorp and Waninkoko's cMIOS rev03 installed, do I still need to use the miospatcher or can I just use rungcbackup without doing anything else first?

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
im on Xi mios right now, so are you saying, TwilightFireFox, that if i install this newer miospatch, i wont get a menu to select which game i want to play on my multigame disk?

magic12

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
CIJC said:
im on Xi mios right now, so are you saying, TwilightFireFox, that if i install this newer miospatch, i wont get a menu to select which game i want to play on my multigame disk?

no, if you install this new mios you can get the menu to select games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: