Game Update Not Pushing Through

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by dokgu, Mar 17, 2016.

1. dokgu
    OP

dokgu Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2016
    Canada
    I've installed a couple CIA's and when running them there are games that need some updates installed. I just proceed with installing them because most of the time they're just really quick updates.

On two occasions though (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate) the update seem to be fast, like 3-5 seconds but when I run the game it asks me again to update. To me it seems like the update just doesn't push through.

Is this normal? Should I just ignore this?

2. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    i think that might mean the game isn't for your region. Make sure the cia you installed is the same as the region of your console.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Out of region games will work as well but you need to get the update in CIA format.

4. dokgu
    OP

dokgu Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2016
    Canada
    Ah I see. I was given the impression that regions don't matter with CFW. If I re-install the game using the correct region, will my save game be deleted or can I continue with it?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Regions matter somewhat, only rxTools has region free built in but CIAs are usually region free patched anyway.
    You can dump the save from the old (out-of-region) and the new (in-region) CIA with SaveDataFiler, copy the extracted files over from the old dump to the new dump and import the new save back into the CIA in order to move your save data.

6. astronautlevel

astronautlevel The Young Descendent of Tepes

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Siteā„¢
    Or by using region free home menu patches with CFW.