Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.reghardware.com/2011/02/09/game...ox_dlc_content/
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/42944/GAME-start...ox-DLC-in-store
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-...a-games-and-dlc

There seems to be some confusion over whether it is a points card like the gold editions of resident evil or an actual piece of flash memory but either way they are being flogged at more or less exact prices (no 200 spare points or something) rather than those boxes with some points cards inside (as per the GTA DLC before it came on the double pack).
Better yet they count as any other stock on the shelf and you can trade for them although being able to trade content back in is not going to happen.

An interesting move in my opinion and not necessarily a bad one.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it's on flash memory, that's fantastic, for the people without internet access on their consoles. Even if it isn't, it's good for people who want ONE specific DLC or whatever, rather than having to buy a whole points card for just one thing.

EDIT: I'd reckon it probably is just a code on a card tbh...

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i would love if such service started here, its quite annyong for people who have limited and low bandwidth connections, were taking some 30-60 kb/s download with only 3-5GB quota a month depending on your package.

also a nice plus for the "offliners" - to be honest even if things were priced at some 5$ extra i wouldnt personally mind.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see prepaid DLC cards in GameStop all the time. This is interesting. It seems it is most definitely on memory cards are USB drives. I think this may present a problem in terms of piracy though. Games like Worms that were given free on a MU are able to run off another MU without any license.
QUOTE said:
Given to customers on a memory card

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok just asked a mate who works for GAME in the UK
smile.gif

they are currently trialling TOP UP VOUCHERS ... pretty much like mobile top up vouchers instead of getting a scratch off card in a dvd/cd type cased box as you do now for your points it will just be on a till type printed receipt with a view to saving the environment !? or save plastic case use they are also selling addon cards for games DANCE CENTRAL for extra tracks and FORZA for extra cars
smile.gif

so now you know..... they are trialling in just 4 stores at present to see how it goes then possibly rolling it out to ALL stores and maby for more specific games
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-