Game trading/sharing

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Bloodgod, Aug 11, 2009.

Aug 11, 2009

Game trading/sharing by Bloodgod at 12:31 AM (619 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Bloodgod
    OP

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    How does it work? do you just give your PSN ID and password to the person your trading with?

2. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Well yeah.

Be sure to remove your credit card information and other sensitive details.

Exchange account (e-mail address used to log onto PSN, not the PSN ID) and password.
    Make a new PSN account (name it whatever you want). Associate your new PSN account with the e-mail and password you're trading with. Download whatever your deal was.
    DO NOT DELETE THIS NEW PSN ACCOUNT.

I'm not sure if PSN has changed significantly since the last time I've been trading, but it should still be basically the same.
    If you delete the account that you used to download the game, the game will become unplayable. (Haven't tested recently because I don't want to risk losing games.)

3. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That about sums it up. I have traded recently and that is about all you need to know/do. [​IMG]

edit: Once you start the DL, you can log out of their account and sign back into your own. The file will continue in the manager uninterrupted.

4. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    But remember, you can only trade your games to five other PSNs, so use the slots wisely, also, they're are alot of scammers out there who steal your account off you, that's why i don't GameShare anymore.

5. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    As long as you made your account with your e-mail address, you can't really permanently have it jacked.

Note that you can't use GBATemp's trading forums to trade downloadable content (it's the first item on forbidden categories list) nor here.