Hacking Game Saves transfer between different FWs

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, but you will still need to use the homebrew launcher on your unmodded 3DS.

Use soundhax to launch homebrew on your 3DS. This is assuming your 3DS is on a recent firmware between 9.0 and 11.2.
On both 3DS systems, use JKSM to import/export data as you desire. I recommend you use the most recent .3dsx/.cia builds from this page.
The .3dsx version can be used via homebrew launcher, whilst the .cia version can be installed to a CFW.
Note that the .3dsx version is not capable of exporting "System Saves", which are saves for system titles like Mii Maker, and StreetPass Mii Plaza. Only a .CIA version can do that.

Once you've exported the saves you want from your unmodded 3DS, you can copy the contents of the JKSM folder across from the 3DS' SD card, to the 3DS XL's SD card.
Importing them will require that you have initialised the save data of the game you want to import to, this usually means just launching the game and closing it. If you don't do this, you may get a "Save archive not found" error when attempting to import.

Eric Skittles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay...haha, so basically: Export my saves from my unmodded 3DS with a homebrew APP and import them to my modded 3DS with the same homebrew APP?

Will using homebrew require me to mod my other 3DS? or can i just do a 1-time thing?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yup, you just have to use the same homebrew app on both 3DS systems.

You will not need to mod your 3DS at all, soundhax runs by using a few files on the SD card, and running the Nintendo 3DS Sound application. You can remove the hack with no traces by merely deleting the files once you are finished using them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F