GAME SAVE from original to modded

camaleone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
I read a few threads about saves but I couldn't find the answer I am looking for.

This is my situation:
I have a modded switch with Atmosphere that works just fine. Although, I can't use it to play online, of course.

For that reason I am planning on buying an original game (Pokemon) that I am going to use on a second non modded switch that I am gonna borrow from a friend.
How can I then extract the game save from his switch and transfer it to my modded switch so that I can keep playing with the downloaded game on Atmosphere?

Thanks

camaleone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you plan to trade online with that pokemon game, then you should play on a clean NAND.
I am going to play online using the original cartridge only on the switch that is not hacked.
I then want to keep the game save to keep playing offline on the hacked switch

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to play online using the original cartridge only on the switch that is not hacked.
I then want to keep the game save to keep playing offline on the hacked switch

The unit you play on need to be exploitable with a clean NAND. Probably need a V1 unpatched clean NAND.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An unmodified Switch will not help with what you want. There is no way to get save files from an unmodified Switch. You will need a modified Switch with no bad stuff installed on the sysnand. That should allow you to play online with the OFW and not be flagged. If you then want to move saves from the OFW to a CFW, you can make a NAND backup and extract the saves from it. Or, slightly more risky, boot the sysnand with CFW and then use a homebrew app like DBI or JKSV to extract the saves. Either way, doing anything with save files requires a modified Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM