iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello All,

Wife new to video games, got a switch with Mario Odyssey, she got addicted an 500+ moons later she is looking for another game.

I thought about BOTW but perhaps it would be too much given the depth? Thoughts for alternatives? Preferably a first party title.

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
My wife is also pretty new to videogames, got her Switch and has been really into Octopath Traveler (loves RPGs), Breath of the Wild and Kirby Star Allies. She also loved Pokémon Let's Go and Yoshi's Crafted World.

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have been playing "Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle" and am loving it so far. It's quite easy to understand and it's mechanics are really fun, the graphics are also very nice. Totally recommend it.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yoshi's Woolly World is not on the Switch. Yoshi's Crafted World, was hooked from the start till the end.
Also has co-op

heqing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think BOTW would be too much. You can kind of make the game whatever you want and if she loved wandering around and collecting moons, she'd love BOTW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...