Hacking Game playback problem, black screen

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I spent quite a bit of last night attempting to allow the Wii to play games off of my external hard drive(2 tb WD mybook essential). I have cIOS222, cIOSX rev 19, usb loader gx, my hard drive has two drives I will be using for the Wii a ~500gb WFBS and a 100gb of another which may turn into fat32 but i haven't needed it yet.

The initial problems came when "installing" games (I am using twilight princess because I lost it and really wish to finish it.) I was not able to see the games in the GX menu until I formatted to wfbs and now when attempting to play twilight princess the screen just goes black and the wiimote loses connection so I have to unplug the console and plug it back in because hitting reset or power doesn't do anything.

I am in the process of testing if another game will run.. not sure about that yet.
I also know that my HD is on the list of compatible usb devices just fyi.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
you should really attempt to try more than one game and have you tried different loaders other than GX?

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you left your USB loader game setup on default, the loaded IOS is 249. Just use cIOSX rev 19 and install IOS 249 with IOS 37, you will need IOS 38 if you want to install WADs.

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
you should really attempt to try more than one game and have you tried different loaders other than GX?

Not at the moment no, I could rather easily though. Just seems like GX works for everyone else why not me?
At the moment I don't have another game on the HD to try I am working on that predicament as we speak but it is taking awhile. Do I have all the necessary cIOS's?

QUOTE(gamefreak94 @ Jun 21 2010, 12:45 PM) If you left your USB loader game setup on default, the loaded IOS is 249. Just use cIOSX rev 19 and install IOS 249 with IOS 37, you will need IOS 38 if you want to install WADs.
I tried changing the game setup to use a different load IOS I will try installing 249 with 37 and will post results.

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
Do you have any games on a disc?
Just install the game to the HDD through USB loader GX.

Ah, Right I could definitely do that. I think atleast.. do the new non back-up disc hard drive wii's ( I have a black one ) still have the capability to rip games?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
well you don't need every cIOS to play backups and what not but it good to have a variety if one doesn't work properly, if your using the latest rev of GX there is a bug, not sure what is was again but revert down a few revs might help til it is fixed

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
photopro152 said:
gamefreak94 said:
Do you have any games on a disc?
Just install the game to the HDD through USB loader GX.

Ah, Right I could definitely do that. I think atleast.. do the new non back-up disc hard drive wii's ( I have a black one ) still have the capability to rip games?

nope only way to transfer games to the HDD is via PC oops

if you have a black/newer wii, the only disadvantage in not being to play backups

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
photopro152 said:
alright, I'll downgrade then, do I just delete the old boot.dol and replace it with an older revision?

yes if that rev is whats giving you problems

check the GX thread in this section and the last few pages explain what bug it is and see if it corresponds to what problems your having

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
photopro152 said:
alright, I'll downgrade then, do I just delete the old boot.dol and replace it with an older revision?

yes if that rev is whats giving you problems

check the GX thread in this section and the last few pages explain what bug it is and see if it corresponds to what problems your having

Alright, thanks mate.

p.s. thanks everyone else. I'll keep updating with thread with does/doesn't work.
very quick responses very helpful, thanks you.

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, it seems to be playing super mario galaxy 2 off the HD fine. Thats good to know.. but I mean.. I still do want to play twilight princess... anyway you guy's can think of to get it to work?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
re rip it and make sure you have the games IOS, it should load fine with default settings in any loader

photopro152

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Through I quick google search I need 00010000525a4450 RZDP IOS - IOS9 apparently, I am not positive on how to get that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)