Game Patches

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Famicon, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Famicon
    OP

Famicon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    I extracted CXI files for a game of mine, one is the game itself and one is a patch (update) for the game. But how do I apply the patch to the game itself?

2. Famicon
    OP

Famicon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    How do I apply the patch? Also can a legit eShop patch be applied to a freeShop downloaded game?

3. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    Whatever you downloaded from the freeShop can be updated from the freeShop itself. Open the third tab (controller icon) and find your desired title. If it has a green or a yellow exclamation mark to the right of the name that's what you click

Quantumcat likes this.
  4. Famicon
    OP

Famicon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    Thanks, but I still wanna know how to apply patches to games I extracted from the 3DS since they each have their own title key (the game itself and its corresponding patch)

5. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    Why would you want to extract anything from somewhere when you have have a proper way to update and download things?

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    For what purpose? When you say "patch" do you mean "update"?

7. Famicon
    OP

Famicon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    I have two title keys. One's the type: eShop Application (the game itself) and one is the type: Patch (update for that game). How do I get both? I converted the patch to cxi for citra, and got this error:

Could not determine the system mode.

But the regular game works fine.

8. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Why use updates in Cemu?

Actually why use Cemu when you have a hacked console? (unless you want 1080p 3ds games of course.)

9. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What are you wanting to do? If you want the update as a separate cia then use CIAngel and switch to cia creation mode instead of installation mode. Then download the update. But if you are wanting to apply the update it is simplest to just do as @DinckelMan said.