War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hey guys, I need some help badly D; I really like this game DJ Max Portable 2... but it keeps freezing during mid-song! I'm just playing a song lie normal, and the screen starts to flicker and the background starts to turn black and flashes like crazy... and once the song ends, it freezes. If I try going back to the menu, it freezes as well.

I'm playing this as a .CSO, running it off of my 2G Memory stick. I have a Phat PSP, 3.9m33 v2 with 1.50 kernel add on. I tried playing in both Normal CPU speed and 330, but it freezes no matter what. What could it be? I don't think it's a bad download... but that's all I can think of. This is the only game I'm having problems with.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try switching to the Sony NP9660 ISO loader. Gurumin was freezing for me, but once I switched the loader that fixed it.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I need some help badly D; I really like this game DJ Max Portable 2... but it keeps freezing during mid-song! I'm just playing a song lie normal, and the screen starts to flicker and the background starts to turn black and flashes like crazy... and once the song ends, it freezes. If I try going back to the menu, it freezes as well.

I'm playing this as a .CSO, running it off of my 2G Memory stick. I have a Phat PSP, 3.9m33 v2 with 1.50 kernel add on. I tried playing in both Normal CPU speed and 330, but it freezes no matter what. What could it be? I don't think it's a bad download... but that's all I can think of. This is the only game I'm having problems with.

some CSO have issues. There also multiple compression levels of CSO files, you can use a weaker compression, or just convert it to an ISO. I generally only use CSO on games that have no videos. In your case, the game sounds like one of those music games, so I sure a compressed ISO could really mess it up.

If its still freezing, maybe its a firmware issue or maybe it just doesnt like your memory card. I know not all Memory sticks are created equal, some are faster than others. You could try it out over usb and if that doesnt work, it probably a corrupted download.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'll try the Sony loader thing.

I don't think it's the compression, because I have compressed other games with audio and video to level 9 and they work fine. However, I'm determined to get this working, so I'll try converting it to .ISO

I'll let you guys know what happens later!

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try the Sony loader thing.

I don't think it's the compression, because I have compressed other games with audio and video to level 9 and they work fine. However, I'm determined to get this working, so I'll try converting it to .ISO

I'll let you guys know what happens later!

It really depends on the game. This one game I downloaded called BrookeTown High, it had extremly slow load time with cso level 9. Load time when you talked to a student is about 3-5 seconds with iso and 70-80 seconds with cso level 9, I'd say that a pretty big difference. The reason for this is the game loads there voice data and it takes WAY longer with cso. It can easily be the drivers too like others have mentioned. Out of about 75 psp games that I have tested, id say about 70 worked with cso. The only game I have ever had trouble on with ISO is Silent hill origins, and it crashed at the ending movie of the game, evertime

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, yeah. It's the one that works for me most of the time. If a game doesn't work, just change it or use an actual UMD to run the game.

The only games I know that doesn't work well while in a cso is grand theft auto and metal slug anthology (gta won't work b/c the psp can't uncompress the cso fast enough and metal slug has VERY long loading times). Fun as hell with a friend though in co-op mode.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To make sure your battery lasts just a tad longer, go with 300 in ISO/UMD speed. I got with that speed plus M33 Driver.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up