Game Genie Game Patcher tool

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Classic Cheat Code Game Patcher (CCCGP for short) is a program that takes Game Genie (GG) or Pro Action Replay/RAW (PAR) codes that you have copied from a website, etc. and automatically parses them for you so you (don't have to enter in one code at a time like other programs like you to do) which produces a list of available cheats for you. You can then select the cheats you want to apply to a game permanently and patch them directly into the game. You can then play your favorite games in ANY emulator (or if you're lucky enough to have the necessary equipment..the real consoles) with cheats!
biggrin.gif
Note that you CAN'T turn the effects of the cheats off so I don't recommend using codes that require you to switch them off to continue.

Not sure if there that many people out there that still enjoy cheating for classic consoles but I hope there are at least a few!

Comments/feedback/bug reports are greatly appreciated!

Get it here!

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh man, I used to love the Game Genie. I bought one at Liquidation World and Super Mario World 3 became soo much more fun haha.

Reactions: Mythical

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMB3 is one of my favorite games to use cheats on as well. How can you resist skywalking (I can still see the icon of the Pyramid with an Eye in it next to this code in the codebook...), fly at any time, getting hit turns you into X, etc?!
biggrin.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had advance warning of this but very nice work, even more so as my favourite emulators (PC and console) tend to be a bit light on the cheating side of things.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice indeed Cracker! I very useful tool as I'm planning on getting flashcarts and what not for the rest of my consoles. Its pretty good for playing NES games on the M3 too.

Any chance of adding N64 support? I can play ROMs on mine and it would be nice to be able to crack open some games and get the secrets out and play them on a none emulator.

EDIT: I must be stupid because I can't get any NES roms to patch!

This is what I've got in the code input:
SXUIEKVK
Infinitelives

And at the patch select it says:
SXUIEKVK - infinitelives - {5DA7:0?0}

When I patch the game I just get the message "something went wrong with patching...doh".

Tried several ROM's (with different codes of course) and same thing happens, I've read the readyou file kinda confusing (Probably because I've not slept since Tuesday) so I can't see what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps I'll try again when I've had some sleep.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is actually happening is that the parser is mistaking the first line for the description (thus assuming the second line is the code). Add a space between "Infinitelives" and it will correctly ID which is which. It is only necessary to do this for the first description and the rest of the codes will fall into place as long as every other line is the description:

Code:
[description]
[code]
[description]

something like:

[code]
[code]
[description]

or:

[code]
[description]
[description]

will also throw off the parsing but usually pasted codes will work fine w/o any modification.

Have fun you cheater! [img]http://gbatemp.net/vanilla/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I tried doing all those, with different roms its probably me or something. Or perhaps the codes are for the wrong region of rom.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's just the format of the code. I can get the same, wrong decrypted address, value, compare {5DA7:0?0} but when I add a space between the two words in the code description it decrypts as it should {5CC0:AD?CE}. Remove all the codes from your list then add it back (with a space between the two words in the description) and you will see what I mean and the game will then patch fine.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I did exactly that when I first tried it.

SXUIEKVK
infinite lives

Which game me:
infinite lives - SXUIEKVK - {5CC0:AD?CE}

So it should work right? But I got the same result. I tried a random game Ducktale.nes for that. At first I thought it was just the rom so I tried several others and the same happens. Then I got different roms from different places, and also tried a few SNES games too...same thing. So something must be wrong at my end.

Its not really essential that I get them to work really so I'll probably give up.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@hadrian: Something just hit me as to why you might be having problems patching games... I'm guessing you are trying to save the patched game under the same name. If this is the case then you must name it something different.

@camx: GameShark actually is a totally different beast. It pokes values into RAM (which can sometimes accomplish more with less codes but can also not be as powerful). The Game Genie actually alters the commands that the NES runs so instead of loading the number of lives from RAM, subtracting a life, and then storing it back to RAM you could do something like load the number of lives from RAM, subtract 0 from the number of lives thus leaving is the same, store the number of lives back to RAM. There are many ways to go about manipulating the commands -- some more safe than others.
wink.gif
I've actually been wanting to check into how feasible it would be to make an automatic trainer generator for GB/C (and GBA) but I'm not sure if it will ever be much more than vaporware in my head.
rolleyes.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@hadrian: Something just hit me as to why you might be having problems patching games... I'm guessing you are trying to save the patched game under the same name. If this is the case then you must name it something different.
rofl2.gif
I'm such a dumbass! Yeah works perfectly! Thanks a lot.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cracker I grabbed this from kodewerx this morning and played around with it today. Thanks to you I've beaten Kabuki Quantam Fighter, Street Fighter 2010, and Mighty Final Fight today lol
biggrin.gif
Gonna tackle some Double Dragons 2morrow. Thanks for the valuable tool
biggrin.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Might someone be able to provide a link to a good webby for Game Genie codes?

Also it's a bit off topic, but this got me thinking about gba linkage with NDS games.
Might it be possible to patch NDS games so that instead of searching for the GBA cartridge, they automatically assume it's there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1