OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've burnt a few back-ups for the games I've either misplaced or

have accidentally destroyed. But they all don't work. I have a chipped wii

and when i play some of the games, they seem to randomly "freeze"

at some point of the game with a black screen saying "Game disc could not be read,

please consult your wii manual for further instruction. I tried ejecting the disc and popping it back in, as well as playing to that

point of the freeze again but it still gave me the black screen. At first i thought it was the way i burnt the disc or my media

but then i discovered i had CMC-MAG-01 discs which are second class then i proceeded to burn them at

the recommended 8x but it still hasn't resolved the problem. Can anyone possibly give me some advice here?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
go down at the burning speed, I have a Lite-On writter and 8X worked for me, but maybe yours is a little bit older than 3 years, of is just a shitty one you know how the companies managed to use bad components to save money...!!!
laugh.gif

and some people says that change book type to DVD-ROM it is not needed of ModChips, but you could a least try it

Azaul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tried going down write speed to 2.4x and 4x. Still didn't resolve the problem.

And by saying changing DVD roms. Do you mean i get DVD-R's instead of the +R's i have now?

Or do i just have to buy a different type of media all together?

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
If you burn your games with ImgBurn at 4x on quality media like Verbatim or Sony AND Verify your discs after a burn then it could be a badly installed chip, happened to one of my friends. He got a once respected and knowledgeable modder here to mod his Wii but since the guy isn't in the modding business anymore he had no idea what he was doing and messed the installation of his WiiKey up pretty bad, we couldn't update the WiiKey firmware and many of my games that I know work well on my system would do the whole freezing up thing on his.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://henrymeds.com/weight-management-t/md?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=204211...