Game Cube Modchip???

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by TudorBlue, Jun 8, 2009.

Jun 8, 2009

Game Cube Modchip??? by TudorBlue at 12:16 AM (706 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. TudorBlue
    OP

Member TudorBlue GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Just been given a Game Cube. It works a treat but what I want to do is either chip it or if possible, softmod it. Anyone know of anywhere in the UK that I can buy a modchip for it?? Or is there a softmod tut knocking around???? Thanks in advance guys

2. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Unfortunately, the easiest way to softmod the gamecube is to use the online adapter that was found with Phantasy Star online. I think you could also use the Action Replay memory card but I am not sure how that one worked.
    The best modchip for the GC are unfortunatley really expenisve nowadays as the demand is low and they are in short supply but if you ant to get it, try the ViperGX (I think that is the name). You could also be interested in a case/laser mod so that you are able to load games of normal sized disks.

3. GamerzInc

Member GamerzInc GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    im a qoob pro guy all the way. that and...i dunno. there was one you could solder on to the dvd board. it was cheap and worked great.

4. rustybanana

Member rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    XenoGC was the simple drive chip. Didnt do anything apart from load backups! Stupidly cheap and a doddle to instal [​IMG]

5. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Yeah qube pro here as well and dont forget to get the custom case to allow you to fit normal size dvd in their,i found the cube (and i had 3) very fussy when it came to media thank fully wii can playcube stuff........

6. rustybanana

Member rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Also full sized cases can be snapped up for about £2.99 in the UK now as no bugger wants them [​IMG]

7. Fatboy12345236

Member Fatboy12345236 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    search GC Mod Chips on google google is ur friend buy mod chips online it is very unlikly u will find one instore