Game checker?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BiscuitCookie, Oct 3, 2008.

Oct 3, 2008

Game checker? by BiscuitCookie at 5:27 AM (869 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. BiscuitCookie
    OP

Member BiscuitCookie GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Is there any program that can check if a wii ISO or Gamecube GCM/ISO is completely fine, or any other way of checking them apart from burning them and putting them in your Wii.

Thanks in advance.

2. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    There is a program for checking, but im not sure if the checks work correctly after patching the ISOs

3. BiscuitCookie
    OP

Member BiscuitCookie GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    That isn't a problem since I haven't patched them.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If you managed to extract them they should be good (CRC32 (used by zip/rar/7z) may not be much good for detecting untampered files if a person has intent to deceive but it does detect corrupt files).
    The only thing is I know of no site that has CRC values for you to check against

Pure isos have a set size too:
    http://wiki.nintendo-scene.com/index.php?t...Wii_Disc_Backup
    See step 3 but modern tools should not have a problem.

A couple of the early tools (pre trucha) could also detect whether the header had been messed with (brick block, early region free).
    I am not sure if there are any signature checking apps (we exploit a bug in the signature checking process rather than a true resigning) but that would be another way to detect tampering. Scrubbing should be easy enough to detect (does it compress?, only a few games compress without scrubbing).

5. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Well RegionFrii and Wii Update Manager can open the ISO and try to extract information from it. Such as name, publisher, region. I try that with every ISO before burning. If the application can open it, I assume all is OK.
    You can also use regionfrii to check whether an iso is really from the region it claims to be, or that they just region-patched it