jonbond92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I have been having a very frustrating time with playing through this game thanks to a reoccurring "error code 2002-4144". The only place I've seen it mentioned anywhere is on this site in regards to a modified Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game, but nothing for Smash. I contacted Nintendo support and they have never seen this error before. My game and switch are both up to date, checked for corrupted data, never modified in any fashion. Help!

jonbond92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Under what circumstances does it happen?
The easiest way to recreate it is in world of light, when I pick specific matches such as against Rosalina and Luma, but it will happen in regular smash and online battles. The crash will happen right after the fighters appear before the match starts then crash to the error code.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also can do it in the spirit board with certain ones, such as picking wedding Bowser and wedding Peach. Simply selecting them will make the game crash.

jonbond92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a clean system and I bought the physical version. I tried downloading the game data again without the SD card inserted and I had the same error.

Halm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Is this a cartridge or digital or backup?

Edit:
nevermind, guess the post was after you mentioned it.

So system firmware is 6.20 and Smash is physical with 1.21 update then.

I don't have any problems with that one.

Does it recur if you completely shut down the switch (as in take it out of dock, go to power options and actually shut down) and restart?

Last edited by Halm,
D

Deleted User

It's a clean system and I bought the physical version. I tried downloading the game data again without the SD card inserted and I had the same error.
If you say Nintendo doesn't know about the error code, you must really have a broken cartridge of the game and we feel bad for you. You should go digital next time

jonbond92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case, then yeah, it does suck. I bought it brand new from Costco in a sealed package. I was informed by the Nintendo rep that I would be able to send the cartridge in to be examined by their engineers, so I'll probably go ahead and do that. I'll post an update when I find out what happens next.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Llara

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. What happened to your cartridge? Could you fix it? the same code appears in mario deluxe but from the start of the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock