Game Boy Micro Noob

Dunpeal1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a used Game boy Micro yesterday. I want to fully utilize everything that it has to offer. I only have expeirience hacking my PSP. I have no idea where to begin so suggestions for the following things would be appreaciated.

-what type of custom cartridge should I buy?
-are there any other good forums for GBM besides this one?
-where is a good store to buy cheap stuff for the GBM?
-are there any cool case mods that can be done easily?
-can you recommend any adaptors?
-can you recomend any homebrew or applications?

titoboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mouseonmars.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
Canada
-what type of custom cartridge should I buy?
I would suggest you do a search in the forums there is a thread on this every 2 days or so...
I have an old one (EZFlash-II) that is not made anymore...

-are there any other good forums for GBM besides this one?
You found the best

-where is a good store to buy cheap stuff for the GBM?
Unfortunately since GBM did not sell very well, it's hard to find a store that still has a lot of accessories for it. I think your best bet would be Play-Asia

QUOTE(Dunpeal1978 @ Sep 21 2007, 12:49 PM)-can you recommend any adaptors?
What do you mean by adaptors?

QUOTE(Dunpeal1978 @ Sep 21 2007, 12:49 PM)
-can you recomend any homebrew or applications?
My own favorite homebrews for the GBA (GBM) are:

APPS
-PocketNES
-Goomba (GB emulator)
-Goomba Color (GBC Emulator)

GAMES
-Flood (by Foxy)
-Deflektor (by Foxy)
-ChipAdvance
-Herg's Solitaire
-Herg's Yahtzee
-Motocross Challenge

Hope I helped...

Dunpeal1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thanks Tito boy......you helped out alot..... as far as adaptors,I'm talking about Official and 3rd party cartridges that assit the micro in doing things it can't on its own...Im'm gonna list some examples of some I've seen on the net randomly searching for stuff for the advance and micro......I'd appreaciate any feedback on the examples:

-wifi adaptor
-bluetooth adaptor
-TV output adaptor
-Play-yan micro

Those are just a few I found. Also I'm interested in modifying the appearance such as a place to get cool faceplates,or replacement buttons....etc. I'm not really into hardcore soddering and hardware mods. Just cosmetic.

titoboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mouseonmars.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
Canada
There's a wireless link adaptor to play "link-abled" games. And I know about the e-card reader that has been officially tagged as incompatible because of the device blocking the Select and Start buttons on the GBMicro. As far as faceplates go I think Play-Asia has a pack of 10 or so faceplates... but again, since the popularity of the GBM has been very moderate, you can only find a couple of third party manufacturers that made faceplates... too bad
frown.gif

Dunpeal1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I came to that conclusion also. Well I'd appreaciate it if you have any links to anything cool you've found for the micro that you think I might be interested in. I've already checked out those sites and devices. So sounds like I'm up to date.

titoboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mouseonmars.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
Canada
Well that's about all I know, I'm new to the GBM too, so far I've ordered a case from eBay and a screen protector from dealextreme (it's a PDA screen protector that I'm gonna trim to fit to the gbm faceplate).

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
*Joins the Micro newb club
biggrin.gif
* I've been poking around the net to see what's around, looks like it's eBay or (often overpriced) stuff on Amazon. As far as faceplates go there isn't much, except going down the "buy crap faceplate to sacrifice to Decalgirl sticker" route.

One thing that caught my eye; there's a clear faceplate bouncing around on Ebay Australia ("powerwave clear detachable face"), it looks like a clear plate that you put your own paper printed out skins underneath. Looks interesting but I can't see it listed anywhere outside of Australia, let alone find any reviews to see if it's crap or not.

I remember seeing some stuff in Poundland (UK version of a 99cents store) a few months back, wonder if they've still got any of it...

Dunpeal1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the clear Powerwave faceplate for the GBM!!!! heres the link on ebay to buy it. Powerwave GBM clear detachable face

And the best part is that you can go to the Powerwave website and download a skin from their D.I.Y. section, or upload your own to be formatted!!!!!!
-Skin Chooser
-Upload page
-POWERWAVE

I hope everybody will upload pics of any uploaded images after they put them on their Micro...I know I will
gbasp.gif

titoboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mouseonmars.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
Canada
For me there's no real interest in faceplates caus' I got the 20th anniversary limited edition and I wouldn't know how to make it cuter!
wink.gif
and it did not even come with the tool to change the faceplate, I'm not even sure I can remove it...

I'm a retro addict!
biggrin.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought the clear Powerwave faceplate for the GBM!!!! heres the link on ebay to buy it. Powerwave GBM clear detachable face

And the best part is that you can go to the Powerwave website and download a skin from their D.I.Y. section, or upload your own to be formatted!!!!!!
-Skin Chooser
-Upload page
-POWERWAVE

I hope everybody will upload pics of any uploaded images after they put them on their Micro...I know I will
gbasp.gif

Just found this, looks like it's only sold in Australia, but that seller ships internationally, so you can buy it anyway
smile.gif
Won't be getting one though
frown.gif

For me there's no real interest in faceplates caus' I got the 20th anniversary limited edition and I wouldn't know how to make it cuter!
wink.gif
 and it did not even come with the tool to change the faceplate, I'm not even sure I can remove it...

I'm a retro addict!
biggrin.gif

:/
I reckon the 20th anniversary faceplate is ugly
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Dunpeal1978 @ Sep 22 2007, 10:15 AM)You can take it off with your fingers its easy. They designed it that way,so you can interchange faces.

No you can't >_> You need to push those 2 holes, otherwise you'll break/twist one of the pieces in the Micro like I did. My faceplates don't stay on anymore in one of the corners
frown.gif

Dunpeal1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it on www.ebay.com for $1.95+$10.00 shipping to Texas. So its cheap. And its got unlimited potential till it becomes scratched up.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
*Joins the Micro newb club
biggrin.gif
* I've been poking around the net to see what's around, looks like it's eBay or (often overpriced) stuff on Amazon. As far as faceplates go there isn't much, except going down the "buy crap faceplate to sacrifice to Decalgirl sticker" route.

One thing that caught my eye; there's a clear faceplate bouncing around on Ebay Australia ("powerwave clear detachable face"), it looks like a clear plate that you put your own paper printed out skins underneath. Looks interesting but I can't see it listed anywhere outside of Australia, let alone find any reviews to see if it's crap or not.

I remember seeing some stuff in Poundland (UK version of a 99cents store) a few months back, wonder if they've still got any of it...

I bought the Powerwave faceplate Psyfira. Its okay. Its a bitch to cut out the buttons holes though
wink2.gif
. If you go to the Powerwave site you can download more faceplate skins for it. They also have a template you can download so you can make your own easier
happy.gif

reaperman@home

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
how are those clear gbm faceplates for scratch durability. The nintendo ones are pretty resistant, but a lot of the 3rd party ones are pretty awful.

I just want to know if I need 20, or if I can get away with only 5 of them
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld