Game booting automatically against my will

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by imkyo, Sep 26, 2012.

1. imkyo
    OP

imkyo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2012
    Brazil
    I'm having this problem that i can't find the solution. I'm using a 3DS XL, with patch version 4.3.0-10U. My dstwo is up to date, and has the latest version.
    Here's what happens: I can play GBA games perfectly, just fine. I used to be at least able do open DS_GAME, and see my game files there (in this case new super mario bros. and time hollow). One day, i decided not to play GBA games for some minutes, and launched new super mario bros. I launched DS_GAME just fne, selected new super mario bros and loaded it. The game menu appeared, just fine, but I had to have breakfast and quitted. I went back to the dstwo menu, pressed home button, went back to the 3ds home, and then turned off.
    When i came back to play one more, the moment I pressed DS_GAME, the Nintendo logo from mario appeared, like if the game was being launched, and then all became black. I waited, for like 10 minutes just to be sure. It was frozen. I didn't even had the chance to select the game. I turned the system off, reloaded the card, and it happened the next 3 times I tried it. I checked the filesystem on my PC, and it hac created a .DTC and a .SAV files under the game's name. I deleted the .DTC and everything went fine, I could select games again. But when I selected mario , it froze again...
    Is it just this rom's problem? Is this a common thing? What can I do about it? Thanks in advance. ;)

2. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Pittsboro, NC
    Well, have you tried running a different ROM, just to make sure it's not corrupt? Try running different games, as well?

3. 2ndApex

2ndApex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    If your game auto-boots go to the RTM, boot back to DS_GAME, and turn off auto-boot under settings.

4. imkyo
    OP

imkyo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2012
    Brazil
    It was a problem with that specific rom, thanks for the feedback guys :)

5. imkyo
    OP

imkyo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2012
    Brazil
    Oh! And staying on topic, other roms work, but still, the games are auto booting. Another issue is, whenever I quit the game and go back to the 3ds home screen, the flash card doesn't appear, and I have to reboot to load it again. Is there any correct way to exit games, or better, is there a way to quit only the ds rom and go back to the dstwo menu? This would be very helpful!

@edit: No need to answer! I just found the answers on this same forum! If you L + R + START, you go to a whole new menu, wich amongst other options you can go back to the dstwo game choosing menu! And i turned off Auto-run, wich I had previously turned on without knowing what it did ^-^"
    I hope this topic can help someone with this problems someday :)