Android Galaxy S II android.process.media issue?

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
You could try fixing permissions and wiping cache and dalvik cache in ClockWork Mod if you have it. If that doesn't work then you could try wiping data (which is basically reformatting your phone, so back up first).

this should ALWAYS be done both before and after upgrading your rom, even if it is based on the same android release (4.0.1 -> 4.0.4, etc...), and especially if it is between different versions of android (ICS -> JB, for example)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey guys! Sorry for not updating but

I managed to fix it! :lol:

Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it.
So... how did you manage to fix it? For the benefit of future googlers who stumble across this thread?
It was not entirely due to a corrupted rom. Samsung fixed that actually. It was also due to a corrupted microSD card that caused so much fuss.

Replaced that crap, and now it's gold.

Reactions: 1 person

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is what you do:
>Go to XDA
>Install custom kernel with root
>Install Titanium Backup
>Do full backup
>Copy custom ROM (any will do but use a stock one instead of AOSP if you're worried about messing things up)
>Boot into Clockwork Mod, do a 'nandroid backup' factory reset (clear all data)
>install ROM through CWM
>Factory reset again
>Boot up, add your google account and install titanium backup, reinstall all your user apps
>Restore all system apps and data EXCEPT ONES TO DO WITH ANY KIND OF MEDIA. This means the stock music player, gallery, camera etc. and any data associated with them
>Phone should now work well (probably better than before)
Don't worry about losing photos and stuff, factory resetting from CWM only deletes your app and system settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1