Android Galaxy S II android.process.media issue?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is a pretty urgent issue and Samsung is shit in repairs.

Once I accidentally upgraded my GS2 to 4.0.3 ICS and every five minutes this weird "android.process.media stopped unexpectedly" came out.

It was so bad that the phone auto restarted itself a few times in less than 10 minutes.

I sent my phone to Samsung for repair (it took 6 days) and they told me they could fix this issue. Well, apparently not. This shit pops up again, but not as common. When I go to "applications" in settings it will still auto restart.

What is the issue? Is there a fix for this?
Thanks

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'll try and do a master reset.

If it still fails, tomorrow I'll call up Samsung again.

They took my phone for 6 days and fixed NOTHING.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry for double post.

Problem still persists after system reset.

Darn. I'm really angry and loss now.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there no way you can reinstall whatever ROM you were on before? It seems to me that that might fix the problem.
I dunno how to do that. I'm pretty noob in mobiles
It's a Samsung, so you should be able to flash a ROM with Odin I believe. (It's a piece of PC software). I don't have any experience with Samsung phones personally, but I have read a bit about them at various times and I believe this is how you would probably do it. You'd probably be better asking for help over at the XDA developers forum if you haven't already though.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem with flashing a ROM is that its going to be hard for him to find the right build now. Samsung Firmwares are a confusing mess of a billion different regional builds with a code defining each one. In order to get the ROM to work with Kies (Samsungs' proprietary updating software) you need just the right region on your phone.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You could try fixing permissions and wiping cache and dalvik cache in ClockWork Mod if you have it. If that doesn't work then you could try wiping data (which is basically reformatting your phone, so back up first).
The problem is I did a master reset and same problem still surfaces.

Without Wi-Fi on the phone is still okay, but with Internet the error keeps coming.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got an idea: Get the current firmware information from your phone (Build number etc.) and downloaded that firmware if you can. I.e. Reflash your current firmware. You should be able to find it at SamFirmwares.

Using ODIN is relatively straightforward. You need an OPS file for the GSII and the firmware (make sure you get the correct version of both of these there are many different variations of this phone). Generally your firmware will be ".tar.md5" file inside a zip or rar file. Tick the box in ODIN for 1 File flashing, select the ".tar.md5" file in the bottom file selection. Select your OPS in the top file selection. Perform a master reset on your phone then turn it off. Put the phone into download mode and plug it into your computer. ODIN should see it and then you can flash. ODIN will automatically reboot your phone (the first boot will take a long time). If your phone bootloops then pull the battery and boot into recovery mode where you should be able to perform another data reset (its possible some files are still hanging around).
Key Combos needed:
Recovery = Volume Up + Home + Power
Download Mode = VOlume Down + Home + Power

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've got an idea: Get the current firmware information from your phone (Build number etc.) and downloaded that firmware if you can. I.e. Reflash your current firmware. You should be able to find it at SamFirmwares.

Using ODIN is relatively straightforward. You need an OPS file for the GSII and the firmware (make sure you get the correct version of both of these there are many different variations of this phone). Generally your firmware will be ".tar.md5" file inside a zip or rar file. Tick the box in ODIN for 1 File flashing, select the ".tar.md5" file in the bottom file selection. Select your OPS in the top file selection. Perform a master reset on your phone then turn it off. Put the phone into download mode and plug it into your computer. ODIN should see it and then you can flash. ODIN will automatically reboot your phone (the first boot will take a long time). If your phone bootloops then pull the battery and boot into recovery mode where you should be able to perform another data reset (its possible some files are still hanging around).
Key Combos needed:
Recovery = Volume Up + Home + Power
Download Mode = VOlume Down + Home + Power
I'll try it tomorrow since my dad is using this phone.

He is asking me to send a complaint letter to Samsung -__-

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Before you do any of that, try this:

Go into Settings->Applications->Manage Applications
Find the Android Market
Hit "Force Stop"
Hit "Clear Cache"
Now hit back and find "Google Services Framework"
Hit "Clear Data"
Restart your phone.

If that doesn't fix it, you need to reinstall ICS while clearing Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache. This can happen when you upgrade from a previous version of Android to a new one or vice versa. It's thought to be cause by incompatibilities by certain applications, so wiping everything and reinstalling should fix the issue.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Before you do any of that, try this:

Go into Settings->Applications->Manage Applications
Find the Android Market
Hit "Force Stop"
Hit "Clear Cache"
Now hit back and find "Google Services Framework"
Hit "Clear Data"
Restart your phone.

If that doesn't fix it, you need to reinstall ICS while clearing Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache. This can happen when you upgrade from a previous version of Android to a new one or vice versa. It's thought to be cause by incompatibilities by certain applications, so wiping everything and reinstalling should fix the issue.
The prob is I did a whole master reset twice and it still happens.

Will try the steps out now though.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It's no use, the phone always auto restarted when I hit "applications".

Besides, there's no manage icon.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey guys! Sorry for not updating but

I managed to fix it! :lol:

Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16