grim_meeper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, I've got a PSP-2000, 3.90 M33-3

Playing GTA: LCS. I've completed the second island. But when I go towards the third island in order to progress, the game hangs and my PSP shuts down. I mean I cross the bridge halfway, it shows a picture with the text 'Welcome to shoreside vale', it stays there for about 8-10 seconds and my PSP then shuts off.

I have NOT used any cheats. I even tried to load a save file from gamefaqs which starts on the island, but it again shuts down on the loading screen.
Help?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
ISO, CSO, or UMD? Own dump or pilfered? Anything ripped or relinked? Game Clock Speed? Memory Stick Size, Brand and Magic Gate Support?

Not enough info in your post.

grim_meeper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CSO, decompressed to ISO using UMDGen same problem there too. Got from a torrent of that green private torrent site. 222MHz (default). Mem stick is Sony 4GB, Magic Gate comes up as unknown in information, maybe a fake but it hasn't given me a problem in the 20+games I've played so far.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The GTA games are notorious for speed problems, be they lag or access, and that's certainly not a Sony stick (as in it's a fake). You may also run into problems decompressing CSO's that someone else has compressed. Does it work as the original CSO? (irrespective of lagging). Also pump your Game speed up to 333 for the GTA games.

First i'd try a different MS, then i'd try a different ISO. Fake sticks are nothing but trouble in the long run.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
People always insist fakes are fine but that's simply not the case, and can each stick only be judged on it's individual merit. A fake stick is a false economy.

grim_meeper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xist said:
The GTA games are notorious for speed problems, be they lag or access, and that's certainly not a Sony stick (as in it's a fake). You may also run into problems decompressing CSO's that someone else has compressed. Does it work as the original CSO? (irrespective of lagging). Also pump your Game speed up to 333 for the GTA games.

First i'd try a different MS, then i'd try a different ISO. Fake sticks are nothing but trouble in the long run.

Like I said, I experienced a lot of lag playing the CSO, so I converted it into an ISO and was able to play 2/3rds of the game perfectly. Even when I try to load the save from the original CSO, I get the same problem.
I'm going to download another one. I'm going to be ****ing pissed if this doesn't work. Hours of gametime down the drain.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well if a new game image doesn't work then there's not much else it can be bar the memory stick being rubbish.

grim_meeper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In case anyone is interested, I downloaded a fresh copy from another site and it works well now. Thanks for all your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Castlevania uhh... whatever rhymes with Castlevania...