Hacking G6DS Real

GravisJ1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lost my CD for it ages ago, anyone know where I can download a USB driver for the adapter? I can't load any games on it without it, Windows picks it up as an Unknown Device, with or without the card in it.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GravisJ1 said:
nitrostemp said:
so i heard of this thing called google and i used it and somehow stumbled upon this : http://www.g6flash.com/SLOT-1/download.htm

If I said I needed the SYSTEM files, yes I would agree with you. However, no where on that site, nor Google, has any information that I could find about the USB drivers for the adapter.

Also, don't be a jerk.

Check gbalpha.cn, they're the main website for all M3/G6 products. You'll need to use google translate though.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I own the G6Real, love it btw and wish it was still supported. Anyway the adapter requires no drivers, if your computer can read a jump drive it should read your G6. The one flaw of the card is that I occasionally get the "unknown" device message. I then have to pull the card/drive out, pull out the card, reinsert it HARD and then I give it a go and 75% of the time I get success and my PC sees it as a jump drive. I build computers regularly from XP to Windows 7 and never needed to find drivers for the G6 adapter.

GravisJ1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WeaponXxX said:
I own the G6Real, love it btw and wish it was still supported. Anyway the adapter requires no drivers, if your computer can read a jump drive it should read your G6. The one flaw of the card is that I occasionally get the "unknown" device message. I then have to pull the card/drive out, pull out the card, reinsert it HARD and then I give it a go and 75% of the time I get success and my PC sees it as a jump drive. I build computers regularly from XP to Windows 7 and never needed to find drivers for the G6 adapter.

I'll give this a go.

Edit: Wow, worked on the first go, after giving it a hard push :S

Thanks a bunch
smile.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WeaponXxX said:

Wait, it's not supported anymore?

The system files should be touchpod, which is also be updating to work on the M3.

Unless the touchpod for the G6 is different....

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DeltaBurnt said:
WeaponXxX said:

The system files should be touchpod, which is also be updating to work on the M3.

Actually I have 2 of those as well.
Every update for the M3 Real works on the G6 Real ( same team and very similar hardware ) , the only difference in the official firmware is that the G6 can't use RTS which is enabled only on the M3.
Also M3 real can run sakura, the G6 can not.
I am not too sure what prevents the team to make RTS work on the G6 real, it always bogged my mind, as I was under the impression that having its own memory in the card itself was actually easier then messing around with microSD compatibility, but what do I know ?
Anyway the reader it's a plug and play generic usb writer, it's usually recognized and installed automatically by windows, and I tried it under XP/Vista/W7 and I can confirm it works.

GravisJ1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arm73 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
WeaponXxX said:

Actually I have 2 of those as well.
Every update for the M3 Real works on the G6 Real ( same team and very similar hardware ) , the only difference in the official firmware is that the G6 can't use RTS which is enabled only on the M3.
Also M3 real can run sakura, the G6 can not.
I am not too sure what prevents the team to make RTS work on the G6 real, it always bogged my mind, as I was under the impression that having its own memory in the card itself was actually easier then messing around with microSD compatibility, but what do I know ?
Anyway the reader it's a plug and play generic usb writer, it's usually recognized and installed automatically by windows, and I tried it under XP/Vista/W7 and I can confirm it works.

Yeah, I guess some of the pins may have been loose, I wiggled, and prodded, and poked and then gave it a good shove into the USB, picked it up and installed it instantly, worked great. Didn't figure brute force to be something that would work, live and learn I suppose.
smile.gif

Bobba_fat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After checking the forums out this seems to be the perfect place to ask my really noob question and i ask for forgiveness in advance! but i hope one of you guys can help me out,
the SYSTEM file that you download, do you just copy it and put it on the root of the G6 flash card or are there any loaders in it or something?
my real question is: What do i do with the systemfile? and does it contain a loader? i have a g6 lite. appreciate all answers

http://filetrip.net/f11225-M3-G6-Touchpod-4-8b.html

here is the latest that i found! thank you!

Bobba_fat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks 4 the reply, and sorry for posting in wrong topic, it just seems you know about it, instead of starting a new.
I have read through the faq and i still dont get the answer on one question, i have the latest SYSTEM folder, my question is:

DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING EXCEPT TO PUT THE SYSTEMFILE ON MY FLASHCARD? a simple Y/N would do, and if its yes then what else do i need to do?

ps. do i have to really have the systemfile on the card? do they have som information that help get the games started?

Thanks again for reply! and again sorry for posting in wrong thread!

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bobba_fat said:
Thanks 4 the reply, and sorry for posting in wrong topic, it just seems you know about it, instead of starting a new.
I have read through the faq and i still dont get the answer on one question, i have the latest SYSTEM folder, my question is:

DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING EXCEPT TO PUT THE SYSTEMFILE ON MY FLASHCARD? a simple Y/N would do, and if its yes then what else do i need to do?

ps. do i have to really have the systemfile on the card? do they have som information that help get the games started?

Thanks again for reply! and again sorry for posting in wrong thread!

My friend, it looks like you have a G6 lite, which I don't own, so I can't give you a simple answer, but I pointed you out to the right direction by giving you that link.
The SYSTEM folder you are talking about , is used on the G6 Real, which is a different card, with a similar name.
Now I actually clicked on the link I gave you before, and I think I found the information that you are looking for straight from the official GBAtemp review of the G6lite :

QUOTEFunctionality - Getting Started

After taking everything out of the tin, I took a few minutes to consider what I should do first - head over to the website and download the necessary software, or simply plug it into my computer, drag and drop some files, and see what happened. Feeling rather adventurous, I took the second option. Right off the bat, I really felt the lack of an included USB cable - the USB burner needs to be plugged straight into a USB port just like a regular USB flash drive. Considering the thickness of the unit when the G6/L cartridge is plugged into it, a lot of users may find this to be a huge inconvenience. Access to a USB port on the front of your computer case, the side of your monitor or even your keyboard will be the easiest way to use the G6/L USB burner outside of pulling out a USB extension cable. After experimenting with different USB ports, the burner is compatible with both USB 1.1 & 2.0 ports. Obviously when connected to a proper 2.0 high-speed compatible port the data transfer will be faster.

After connecting it to the side of my monitor, Windows popped up with the usual 'New Hardware Found', 'USB disk', and after a few seconds the new hardware was installed and ready to use. I browsed over to it, and there were already some folders set up on the device:

\BACKING
\EMU
\GBA
\NDS
\PDA
\pdaDS

I browsed over to the NDS folder, and dumped a variety of clean roms into it. I disconnected the burner, put the G6/L into my NDS/L and booted up to see what would happen. I was quickly greeted with the G6 menu on the bottom screen, showing me all of the roms available that I had just placed there. However as expected, none of them worked. There was clearly a space for the game icon on the left hand side, and none of the icons showed up – I assumed this was because I hadn’t run them through the patching software. (I later discovered that yes, that was indeed the case.) The positive first impression that I got was from the menu being on the bottom screen - it's stylus compatible, meaning that all of the features of the menu can be accessed via the touch screen instead of with the D-Pad!

After my quick initial run, I went over to the website and downloaded the full installation package, which is a 42MB file compressed with RAR. Apparently the size of the download is so large because it includes thousands of screen shots. Upon extracting the file I found this was true - the file G6_GRAPH.BIN is 49.4MB. Without it, the full install of the G6 software is only an extra 16.8MB.After I extracted the software, I was presented with three folders:

\Extension
\loader
\PC software

Along with English & Chinese versions of 'G6 installation guide.txt'. The file was actually easy to understand, especially taking into account the levels of broken English typically found with these products. The \PC software folder contained a single setup file executable, while the \loader folder had Chinese & English versions of the loader - 'g6loader.sys' & 'g6verify.sys' coupled with 'G6 Loader (date).txt' which explains how to update the loader. The \Extension folder contained \BACKING, \EMU & \PDA - and they were the same versions as the ones already contained on the G6/L by default, so I left them alone. I installed the PC software with a few clicks, and followed the included instructions for updating my loader to the latest version. Both operations took a few seconds, and worked exactly as described.

With the software installed and the loader up-to-date, I felt much better about the lack of documentation/software in the box. I personally like to download the drivers/software from the internet, since it ensures that I will be getting the most up to date version, but instructions on the use of the products various features still would have been a small blessing.

And here's the complete link:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34239
Like I said, I can't give you a simple answer because I only own a G6 real, but I think you are a little confused.
Anyway have a good read, I hope it helps.

Bobba_fat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the effort and help, i didnt realize you didnt have one haha :/ but thanks for the answer though.
smile.gif
And yeah, i read trough that faq and some of the others, dang man, when they make something you should always see it through, i feel betrayed
frown.gif
haha well it was good while it worked though
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1