G6DS Real in-hand at GBAtemp!

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maxconsole is apparently hinting at a $79.99 price point and is waiting for Divineo to confirm. Is that for the 1GB or 2GB model though? Hmm...

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
good point.

i might also add, it's hard to find cheap/good microsd cards here locally (melbourne, i don't know id u live here to 4saken), the only option is to buy them online, which i could not previously do as i did not have a bank account, BUT now i do yay! so that point kind-of doesn't matter anymore hohoho.

Sydney. It's not quite hard to find them, just hard to get them as cheap as you can online. I can find 1 gigabyte Kingstons in the city for around 60 AUD (around 45 USD); massive in comparison to the prices online. Same can be said with all kinds of flash memory

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Maxconsole is apparently hinting at a $79.99 price point and is waiting for Divineo to confirm. Is that for the 1GB or 2GB model though? Hmm...

US79.99
cry.gif
its too expensive i think

Nomearod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
$79.99 USD --> +- 60 €

That's a bit expensive since and R4 + 2 GB micro SD costs about 50 € or less. But if the 4 GB version is 60 €, then I'll buy one
laugh.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

US79.99
cry.gif
its too expensive i think

that's not expensive really, considering g6's reputation, i'm expecting $99. But i'll take anything cheaper for sure!

Does the G6DS Real write saves directly to the save file like the R4, or copy the save to the file when you reboot, like the G6 Lite?
COPY when reboot

That's a big minus as far as I'm concerned. One of my favorite things about the R4/Simply is that you can start a game up so quickly, and not having to wait for the last save to be written is a big part of that quickness.

hmm, i agree, that is a bit negative.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My main concern is still bricking. It sounds like the process to connect the G6DS to your computer would be complicated at first (it's a very specific sequence of steps). I've heard a lot about DS-X's and G6Lite's bricking so I'm probably going to stay away from this.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's obvious that it dosn't do what they say it does... 100% downloadplay.. yoshi dosn't work so thats no 100%!

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for fixing it, and fli_guy84 that is a capacitor not a battery.

Wow, the PCB is very similar to the N-Card clones! And check out the writer pins on the front!

Thanks again yzx571, as I wait for mine to come tomorrow!

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the ones on the N-Card clone and SCONE are both capacitors. I can give you the link to the manufacturer and serial number on both. I would be willing to be they used the same thing on the M3DS Real.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, the ones on the N-Card clone and SCONE are both capacitors. I can give you the link to the manufacturer and serial number on both. I would be willing to be they used the same thing on the M3DS Real.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif
Hmm maybe it is. Curse these new fangled shapes
tongue.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, as that is the same clip that holds the SCDS1 and all of the N-Card clone devices. Its a cap that is rechargeable.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lGKzqIQfzE