, I think I'm going to cry...

jaw-some? someones been watching street sharks reruns

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
the cheat files is different with R4/M3DSS

dont unplug G6DS REAL or G6Lite without clicking "remove" on the windows or it may cause data lost

DLDI will be supported but not now
cry.gif

The card reader cant dump rom or dump save althought I have ask for it for thousand time
dry.gif

disable soft reset is easy and presss nthing b4 start mean diable cheat function as I guess

still no price today but I have to say the first ship is English version but not chinese as I know.

The card holder is same as R4/M3DSS and the the wrist strap is for the card holder
laugh.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay looks like it let me down on Download Play :S

I'm also scared of bricking now after hearing all this stuff about NAND.

Might stick to my R4
frown.gif
So much for the 2 months of waiting

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So it seems this just a NAND flash version of R4 and M3DSS. It like iPod Nano to iPod Mini (excluding the larger size, color screens etc.). Flash memory to HDD. Faster speed speed no slowdowns. It's really personal preference. Would you like to pay $70-80 for R4 and 2GB Micro SD or $80-90 for this?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So it seems this just a NAND flash version of R4 and M3DSS. It like iPod Nano to iPod Mini (excluding the larger size, color screens etc.). Flash memory to HDD. Faster speed speed no slowdowns. It's really personal preference. Would you like to pay $70-80 for R4 and 2GB Micro SD or $80-90 for this?

So NAND is cheap, but reliable, and still faster than microSD?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
well, this has a totally different loader to r4 with extra features, that is a major difference. Plus what you said about memory seems a bit unclear and inaccurate.

And I'd be surprised if it was less than 90$, i'm expecting it to be more.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, this has a totally different loader to r4 with extra features, that is a major difference. Plus what you said about memory seems a bit unclear and inaccurate.

And I'd be surprised if it was less than 90$, i'm expecting it to be more.

It has extra features? If it did - it's not much of an improvement. From what I have read, it seems like it has a very buggy OS, download play has been hardly touched. The media function probably isn't any greater than Moonshell either. Cheat is now supported by R4, and since R4 has a huge customer base, I'm expecting updates to come out more frequently for the R4 (making it better, I guess
tongue.gif
)

Still, waiting for the review. Hopefully this version of the loader is still in development stages.

Question: Is NAND memory easy to brick/damage?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well 4saken thats the downside about nand memory if you brick it or damage it your flash card is fu**ed. However with removable memory all you need to do is get another micro sd.
unsure.gif
I dont know about if its easy to brick it or damage it. I think it just easier to have removable storage if you get a brick or damage.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well 4saken thats the downside about nand memory if you brick it or damage it your flash card is fu**ed. However with removable memory all you need to do is get another micro sd.
unsure.gif
I dont know about if its easy to brick it or damage it. I think it just easier to have removable storage if you get a brick or damage.

That's my main concern with internal, immovable memory. For some reason, having a hard drive in my ipod doesn't bother me at all >_>. Maybe because NAND memory is cheap to begin with

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they implemented the NAND properly as a disk, when it gets "damaged" the block would be marked as bad and never again be used, subtracting from the total available blocks on the card. Just like on a PC, when you get a bad sector, it marks it as bad and doesn't use it again.

Of course, there is no telling if they set it up this way (until someone gets a bad block on one), or if they set it up like a GBA flash cart which relies on consecutive blocks being available and good.

Either which way, I for one still prefer my fist full of $10 1G kingston cards over a single size, single purpose all in 1 type thing. It only takes one flash cart with bad areas to completely sour a person on single purpose memory especially when SD adapters are so cheaply available, and such decent quality now.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
unsure.gif

That's my main concern with internal, immovable memory. For some reason, having a hard drive in my ipod doesn't bother me at all >_>. Maybe because NAND memory is cheap to begin with

What i find a big plus on removable memory is that you can use it for multiple purposes.. such as digital camera, mobile phone sow it's not really fair to say wel you par 30 for a 2gb micro sd against 15 for nand memory.. the nand memory is pure only usable for the flashcard but the microsd is multifunctional... so it both has it's down and up sides..

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What i find a big plus on removable memory is that you can use it for multiple purposes.. such as digital camera, mobile phone sow it's not really fair to say wel you par 30 for a 2gb micro sd against 15 for nand memory.. the nand memory is pure only usable for the flashcard but the microsd is multifunctional... so it both has it's down and up sides..

True, but if you use your memory card for your flashcard, why would you end up using it for something else (wiping out games, etc, formatting). Unless, of course, you upgrade the card and pass it onto another device

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

True, but if you use your memory card for your flashcard, why would you end up using it for something else (wiping out games, etc, formatting). Unless, of course, you upgrade the card and pass it onto another device

good point.

i might also add, it's hard to find cheap/good microsd cards here locally (melbourne, i don't know id u live here to 4saken), the only option is to buy them online, which i could not previously do as i did not have a bank account, BUT now i do yay! so that point kind-of doesn't matter anymore hohoho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far