G6DS Real in-hand at GBAtemp!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, it's not sounding all that great to me so far but then again I've never been very impressed with the M3 PC software so at least no software is an improvement. The big deciding factor here is likely going to be the price since almost, if not all, these features are already available in other carts. Also it's kind of amusing that the reader alone was detected as an EFA Linker once.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's easy to disable the soft reset, but there doesn't seem to be any option to disable cheat codes.
However I doubt cheat codes apply when you dont have any cheat file on the G6 and when you run homebrew (like I did for the clean/nopatch tester earlier)

If it is the same as the R4/M3 cheat, you need to have the cheat file on the cart, goto a game that has cheats and press Y, then select "cheat disable" and "game disable". the cheat engine will be turned off then.

APPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for keeping everyone upto date guys, looking forward to the reveiw.

Am i completely mistaken, or wasnt their talk of a slot 2 extra?

Also, hows the homebrew compatability? Im guessing it'll get better when DLDI support comes out but what about for now?

cheapo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you find some time, please test Splinter Cell (#0071) and check if the screen becomes garbled when you turn Night Vision on. I know that probably no one cares about it, but I've yet to see a flashcard that works 100% with Splinter Cell.

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
- I never enabled software reset, never tried it actually.
- about the "EFA Linker" thing, I had the same problem with my DSX (which is bricked now btw)
- the cheat feature seems very different from the M3/R4. The OS is really, really different itself and I can't say it's a good point...
- APPS: I'm guessing all homebrew should work except those requiring FAT access (read/write from disk)
- cheapo: I'll try splinter cell, and Castlevania and TH aswell. Results in a minute.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you sort the games in the menu, e.g alphabetical/numerical?

Yes either alphabetically or by size.

Initial download play tests (MAY BE INACCURATE BECAUSE I can't find a way to disable cheat mode - if it even is enabled (our loader may be beta))

Winning Eleven = Yes
Snowboard kids = Yes
Nanostray = Nope
Big Brain = Nope
Diddy Kong Racing = Nope

Thanx,
smile.gif
I wonder though if settings will improve it though, I would assume that if you didn't have any cheats enabled, it would be like disabled, might be wrong though...
is it support download play?

Yes, with currently exceptions of Yoshi T&G, Nanostray, Big Brain and DKR as you can read above.
QUOTE(APPS @ Apr 16 2007, 06:16 PM)
Thanks for keeping everyone upto date guys, looking forward to the reveiw.

Am i completely mistaken, or wasnt their talk of a slot 2 extra?

Also, hows the homebrew compatability? Im guessing it'll get better when DLDI support comes out but what about for now?
Well, I don't think they officially anounced that, but there were rumours about it because other rumours stated it would support GBA roms and that would've required a slot2 cartridge. But obviously there's no slot2 cart, so no GBA compatibility...

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
full speed and better compatibility overall is a possibility
no need to worry about microSD compatibilty

But thats completely different - as long as people are made aware that carts using microsd won't be as fast as an original cart then there isn't a problem (which is why I hate people claiming 100% compatibility when there are clearly slowdowns).

MicroSD compatibility is something you can't get away from if you want removable storage. It doesn't make the G6 better - just different. (Now, the M3 Real may come out and be 100% speed in all games whilst still using removable storage. That certainly WILL be better than the R4). =]

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
- cheapo: I'll try splinter cell, and Castlevania and TH aswell. Results in a minute.
they all seem to work fine
- Castlevania POR (E): played 10 minutes, watched intro - no lags, no freezes even in the menus
- Splinter cell: the night vision is fine.
- Tony Hawks Downhill jam: played 10 minutes, no freezes, all OK

any question?

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
full speed and better compatibility overall is a possibility
no need to worry about microSD compatibilty

But thats completely different - as long as people are made aware that carts using microsd won't be as fast as an original cart then there isn't a problem (which is why I hate people claiming 100% compatibility when there are clearly slowdowns).

MicroSD compatibility is something you can't get away from if you want removable storage. It doesn't make the G6 better - just different. (Now, the M3 Real may come out and be 100% speed in all games whilst still using removable storage. That certainly WILL be better than the R4). =]

compatibility problem is a problem, both for the rom and for microSD, there's no excuse, you can't cover it up with "oh but it can't be as fast" BS, and there's no reason why it can't be compatible with all the standard microSD, if it can't be as fast, then it's inferior to whatever card that have 100% compatibility, a flaw is a flaw, if g6 real achieve 100%compatibility and full speed, then that's in fact better than R4

Nomearod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If possible, try again the Download to Play with Nanostray, Big Brain and Diddy Kong Racing with the cheats and soft reseat disable.

BTW, any news about the price?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The biggest problem with this from what I've read so far is its not very easy to use. With the R4 its just a case of copying over the latest firmware files and the .nds roms to the microsd. Nothing else you have to do.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*hopes his review sample is coming today*
Though probably not, since the address for them to send it to was changed from sinkhead's to mine recently...

Sounding pretty good so far, but I'll have to wait until I can try it out first hand to see how it fares.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am astounded as to how similar the case for the G6 real that comes with it is to the R4's case. transparent white plastic shell... blue rubber interior...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)