G6DS Real in-hand at GBAtemp!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I am astounded as to how similar the case for the G6 real that comes with it is to the R4's case. transparent white plastic shell... blue rubber interior...

yes box is like m3 simply box, ds game case is the same as r4 and m3 simply, strap is both with r4 and m3 simply aswell, even the cd sleeve is the same packaged as the r4ds 0_o maybe they are manufactured the same place as the r4 and m3 simply? and they used up the spare parts from the r4 and m3 simply lol

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The box is nothing like M3 DS Simply, the M3 DS comes in a huge blister pack. The casing is in no way similar to the R4/M3DS (clips, not screws), the card case looks similar but is a completely different shape.

Perhaps they were manufactured in the same plant but they don't really share any real similarities.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The box is nothing like M3 DS Simply, the M3 DS comes in a huge blister pack. The casing is in no way similar to the R4/M3DS (clips, not screws), the card case looks similar but is a completely different shape.

Perhaps they were manufactured in the same plant but they don't really share any real similarities.

i wasn't talking about the actual cart itself, i was talking about that tiny blue carrying DS games case, on the r4ds and m3 simply it used to have a keychain but it was removed later on, the one supplied with the g6 real is exactly the same.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
then that's in fact better than R4

It's higher compatibility, yes.

But it's still fixed memory, and for someone like me that is useless. Therefore the R4 would still be superior. You seem to be under the impression that their is one best cart and thats it. Everyone has differing needs and thats why their is choice in the flashcart market. Whats better for you could be bad for me, and vice versa. Which is precisely why I said that if the M3 Real is removable memory and no slowdown it will be "better" than the R4.

The card case is exactly the same as the one that came with the R4 (except this one is light blue rather than dark blue).

jabran200

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Price is a major player here, if it is same price as the R4 i would expect it to be in the running but as we know the R4 has removable media so they can't match prices with it as the Micros SD cards are dirt cheap now and you could have 2-3 with over 30 games. The G6 is really limiting itself here should have had externam memory support as well.

They are similar even the names lol R4 (letter and number) G6 (letter and number).

deathspawn99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes similar in the idea that g6 has been around for a very long time and r4 is the new comer.

guys, its not a rip off of the r4, get over that.

jabran200

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol I was only laughing at the coincidence, G6 sounded really good but by the looks of it so far it's not looking good.

Slot 1's have reached a limit now and have no where to go. Who knows what the future has in store.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Slot one has still a way to go
biggrin.gif

Act as a real NDS cartridge! (for those that want to use there REAL AR cartridge
wink.gif
)

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the betting that  the G6 real is made by R4... 
wink.gif
A million to one.
I thought the G6, M3 and R4 were all manufactured by the same company. No?

Anyway, I hope you're able to find out more about the download play situation since it is really the card's main selling point.

The only other thing the G6 really offers is the nice GUI. I have a G6 Lite and from the pictures, the G6 Real menu looks exactly like the G6 Lite menu with the added configuration screen where you can select soft reset and cheat options. I assume that the PDA and media player are still external applications like they are on the G6 Lite and not fully integrated into the menu. Maybe a comparison between the old G6 menu and the G6 Real menu would be a good idea What's new, what's changed, how does the speed compare, etc.

...word is bondage...

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nobody asked this, but is WIFI working? Just checking. Also is there cheat for animal crossing built in to the cheat database? How long it takes to load games.

SPiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any sites taking preorders yet? I was JUST about to buy an R4 today but I think I can hold out for this.
ph34r.gif

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait to see if R4 will release theirs
wink.gif
... I want one with a memory card slot, and that was the rumor wasn't it? (that G6 was built in and R4 was microsd).

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just incase some flash cart developers are listening here. This is I want in addition to everything the R4 can do.

- Perfect Download Compatability
- Elegant menu that shows NFO information (Boxart, Genre, Type, etc) at the top.
- Ability to sort games threw action/adventure/racing etc.
- 5 and 1 package with Ram, Rumble, GBA (4G), USB Writer, and a microSD card for expanadable storage in addition to the already 32G memory.
- Very cheap
- Ability to download game info on the fly (NFO info)
- Cheap ( Under 200 for everything)

If I see something with everything the R4 can do with all those features. I will pay anything that is less then 200$ for it. It would be PERFECT. Nuff said.

NFO View FTFW! (For the FRIGGIN WIN!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: