Hacking G6 vs. R4

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want I will let you know in a couple days which I like better, i just ordered a G6 Real 16Gb(for me) & a R4DS(gift for somebody after I check it out) from RHS yesterday. They just got the R4DS back in stock yesterday as well. My daughter already has a cyclods evolution for her DSL, which is awesome, but I wanted to try these 2 as well.

Tortimer, if you have any specific questions just let me know, and I will try to answer your questions.

Here is my 2 cents,
Between the R4 w/ 2gig(japan) microsd & the G6 Real 16Gb, i would pick the G6 Real if the price difference is no big deal to you. I really like the feel of the G6 Real for some reason, the GUI for both of them are totally different. And I love the G6 Real GUI compared to the R4. Just a side not, the R4 feels different than the CycloDS Evolution(which my daughters has), even though the GUI is similar.

Its hard to explain, until you try them out and you see the difference in GUIs. The only problem with the G6 Real is the memory is not upgradeable, which is no problem for me since 2gigs is plenty, i only need it for games and a little bit of homebrew, but i thought to myself might as well get the 2gig instead of the 1gig just in case i need the extra 1gig of space which I doubt.

The only thing I dont like about the G6 Real, might be the support behind it, I think the R4 might have a better support team in regards to firmware updates, but I might be wrong. As the R4 currently with kernel 1.11 have 100% download play compatibility, in which the G6 Real has alot lower compatibility, in which at the time is why i got the CycloDS Evolution.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
r4 ds
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum