Hacking G6 Reader not recognized by Xp

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
has anyone had this problem? any way to fix it?
cry.gif

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the bloue light just keeps glowing. doesn't blink. the G6 card works on the ds... it said unrecognized device or something like that...

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
mmmm... anyone knows about this problem? I was checking a couple skins I was finish and know I can't get them out... great. the same day zelda comes out...

I plugged it to another pc and it does the same thing... any help about this?

brunno537

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had the same problem !!! look trybto unistall the driver of the g6 ds real and reinstall it ok?? tell me if you do it; I have solved this problem but sometimes continues!!

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
driver? what driver did you install? I don't have any drivers for the card... I when to the G6 page and it doesn't offer any help...

alienhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had this happen. i just re-seated it and plugged it back into the computer ant it was ok. Do you use a cable?

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
no. I plug it directly to the usb ports. I tried using the back ports also, and it does the same thing... That's the problem with propietary connectors, the the card site has barely any info about how to buy it, let alone info for fixing it...

S

Solidstate

The exact same thing has happened to my friend. He's given me his G6 to try out on my PC to see if its working - it is and installed perfectly and I've copied some games across and its all working 100%.
I really have no idea how to fix his PC - but I wanted you to know that you aren't going mad this is a real fault that's happened to other people.

My guess is that its corrupted his USB drivers somehow (because other USB memory type items are apparently acting odd as well) - but god knows how to reinstall these.

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
Hang on, he already said at the top that he's tried his card in another PC and the problem still exists so this is not a usb/driver problem on the PC end. I'n be inclined to think he has a faulty cable or reader or connectors. Blow/clean all the connectors, check they seat properly, and try again.

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got it fixed!! holy shit, I was thinking I had to replace the thing. Thanks guys! As a gift for helping I will make a skin request for each of you!!

rhyguy
brunno537
alienhead
Solidstate
bulletmark

let me know here or my my skin thread what you want (if you want one that is, lol)

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
its like 4th thread that got fixed by cleaning/blowing the contacts.
why dont mods sticky some essential troubleshooting for G6Lite? no one updates the old one.

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
its like 4th thread that got fixed by cleaning/blowing the contacts.
why dont mods sticky some essential troubleshooting for G6Lite? no one updates the old one.

actually I unplugged the pc for a couple hours and it recognized the card. I cleaned the contact and it still didn't work... guess that needs to be written down also.
lecture.gif

S

Solidstate

Hope you get this sorted.

Have you tried it through a USB hub to see if that helps?

loldecipher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain again how you fixed it?

Blowing it doesn't work for me. I kept plugging it in and out of the 4ports I have and it aint working. =[

HELP. I don't wanna buy a new one. zzz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y