Hacking G6 Lite questions

heretic600

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So my G6 Lite finally arrived, and I had a few questions.

First up, the website and the box says it plays snes games, however any I load on never work. Any way to get these to work? Is Genesis emulation possible as well?

I can't seem to get new DS games to work. I tried Mario Hoops, Tomb Raider Legends, Elite Beat Agents, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, NFS Carbon, and Megaman ZX to name a few, and they little clock thing fills up and nothing happens, or I get a white screen.

Also, when I delete a game the save file goes as well. How can I back up the saves?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't give you any help with the snes titles (although, those that do work, I hear, run pretty slow).

for your other title issues, you might want to see which version of the loader firmware is on your G6. power up your ds and press left to get to the "file menu" option. select "about" and then press "a" to see which version you're running. the latest version of the loader is v4.6a and v4.6b of the u-disk manager (the application that you run on your pc to load titles to the G6).

when you hook your G6 up to your pc via your computer's usb port, you can open it up as a drive in file manager and simply copy the .00, .01 and .02 files to your pc prior to deleting the game from the u-disk manager software.
to restore a save, simply copy your previously saved .00, .01 and .02 files back to the G6 using file manager after you've reloaded the game onto it.

heretic600

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I already uploaded the firmware hoping that would work, but it didn't. Thanks though I'm googling snezzids as we speak, so hopefully it will work. I know snes runs like crap, but I'm hoping Contra 3 and Turtles in Time will work. Thanks

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using the U-Disk manager to put the games on your cart, or are you copying them directly?

It wont work if you do it directly, check the G6 light review on the front page.

heretic600

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried Mario Hoops, Tomb Raider Legends, Elite Beat Agents, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, NFS Carbon, and Megaman ZX to name a few, and they little clock thing fills up and nothing happens, or I get a white screen.

"check your roms against a dupecheck to see if the crc32 is the same."

not sure what this means

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried Mario Hoops, Tomb Raider Legends, Elite Beat Agents, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, NFS Carbon, and Megaman ZX to name a few, and they little clock thing fills up and nothing happens, or I get a white screen.

not sure what this means

Go to www.advanscene.com for example, they list all the ds roms released and their appropriate crc32 sizing to make sure what you downloaded isn't a bad rom. Compare and see if the ones you have have the same values. I'm fairly sure you know better than to not update to the latest loader/u-disk manager...but if thats the case do that and it'll fix your problems since the ones you listed are all new....except megaman I guess....

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

not sure what this means

All of those games (except T.Hawk) work perfectly on the G6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far