Hacking G6 Lite PRO not coming out ?

illumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's an email from danny I got when I asked him about the release date of the G6 lite pro
QUOTE said:
Thanks for your information .

But it is a rumor .

We have not any plan to release the G6 Lite PRO in this moment .

This makes me angry. I pre-ordered from Winsunx since it had the same release date as the normal G6 lite.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an email from danny I got when I asked him about the release date of the G6 lite pro
QUOTE said:
Thanks for your information .

But it is a rumor .

We have not any plan to release the G6 Lite PRO in this moment .

This makes me angry. I pre-ordered from Winsunx since it had the same release date as the normal G6 lite.

Dumb question, is the only difference with the pro version the ability to play GBA games?

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes and $25

I really love GBA support of my EZ 4 Lite. I was considering picking up a G6 Lite Pro, but if they aren't making one, I guess they don't want my money
smile.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No cheap and reasonable alternative for you, capitalist pigs! Haha! You must pay additional dollars for unrefined GBA function with spotty save! We give you no choice!! Haha! Shop at Walmart!

illumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yuwing said:
Are you positive about this? Winsunx says 29th for release date. why would you ask anyways?
I asked them because the order confirmation email says july 2006. I asked them about that and mentioned the june 29th release date and they said it's not coming out at the same time. They said they expect them in july. I then emailed Danny about it and he said what I posted above.

No cheap and reasonable alternative for you, capitalist pigs! Haha! You must pay additional dollars for unrefined GBA function with spotty save! We give you no choice!! Haha! Shop at Walmart!
Maybe if they didn't advertise the choice of not having GBA then it would be okay.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the real differnce wit the G6 lite anyway?
They might aswell just sell a lite fitting case for use with the G6 cart or something. Though there might still be size problems wit the internal parts.

Still though, whats the big upgrade with it? Does it actualy get improved besides just a cosmetic change anyway?

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've just written Winsunx about my order for G6 Lite Pro. Should this all be true, I'm going to be very unhappy. I've inquired whether I can change the order to the regular model and pay the difference of $25.09, though considering the standard model ships in just two days, I will seemingly miss out on the first shipment. Otherwise, I'm cancelling my order and making it a point to not deal with Winsunx ever again. They informed several of us that did pre-pay that the ship date was July 3rd for Pro. I won't deal with a shop who's head is so far up their own ass that they cannot admit they are clueless as to when a product is genuinely released.

VomitOnLino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've just written Winsunx about my order for G6 Lite Pro. Should this all be true, I'm going to be very unhappy. I've inquired whether I can change the order to the regular model and pay the difference of $25.09, though considering the standard model ships in just two days, I will seemingly miss out on the first shipment. Otherwise, I'm cancelling my order and making it a point to not deal with Winsunx ever again. They informed several of us that did pre-pay that the ship date was July 3rd for Pro. I won't deal with a shop who's head is so far up their own ass that they cannot admit they are clueless as to when a product is genuinely released.

Even Amazon/NewEgg/Play.com does that, so I wouldn't pinpoint the blame on winsunx. Maybe they even were provided with false information, as this means more preorders and more preorders = more cash for g6. Remember we're talking about pirates here....
Also, sorry I do not mean to offend you but all those who came out "surprised" by this, this is a quite your own fault, too.
I quit blindly preordering new GBA flashcards with fancy featurs, back in the GBA scene because I quickly learnt that this only lends to disaster and dissapointment.
Wait for the thing to come out and people to write reviews for it, you'll get your diry grubby little hands on the good stuff soon enough.

Sometimes I think the forum population here is a bit like a herd of sheep ... "Oh EZ4L has come out"... *rushes to buy*.... "Oh G6" is coming *rushes to buy/preorder*
(Again no offense meant, I had this behaviour in me too... it's quite easy to get e-hyped...)

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
VomitOnLino said:
Even Amazon/NewEgg/Play.com does that, so I wouldn't pinpoint the blame on winsunx. Maybe they even were provided with false information, as this means more preorders and more preorders = more cash for g6. Remember we're talking about pirates here....
Those retailers don't require me to pay ahead of time. They charge when the items are available.

VomitOnLino said:
Also, sorry I do not mean to offend you but all those who came out "surprised" by this, this is a quite your own fault, too.
I quit blindly preordering new GBA flashcards with fancy featurs, back in the GBA scene because I quickly learnt that this only lends to disaster and dissapointment.
Wait for the thing to come out and people to write reviews for it, you'll get your diry grubby little hands on the good stuff soon enough.
Well, this is an upgrade of a known product. Winsunx, again, requires you to fully pay for any pre-orders. This is where my disappointment stems from. If they haven't a clue when something is actually going to be in their hands, then they should know better than to ask for a single dime from anyone.

VomitOnLino
Sometimes I think the forum population here is a bit like a herd of sheep ... "Oh EZ4L has come out"... *rushes to buy*.... "Oh G6" is coming *rushes to buy/preorder*
(Again no offense meant, I had this behaviour in me too... it's quite easy to get e-hyped...)
I passed on EZ-Flash IV due to it's lesser support than other cards, though I was planning to wait for the software to catch up in a few months. Again, this isn't a "rush to buy" issue. I read everything I could on G6 owner comments before deciding to put my money down. Again, Winsunx overstepped themselves. Whether this is the first time or not that they've done this, my opinion of them just fell substancially.

illumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just written Winsunx about my order for G6 Lite Pro. Should this all be true, I'm going to be very unhappy. I've inquired whether I can change the order to the regular model and pay the difference of $25.09, though considering the standard model ships in just two days, I will seemingly miss out on the first shipment. Otherwise, I'm cancelling my order and making it a point to not deal with Winsunx ever again. They informed several of us that did pre-pay that the ship date was July 3rd for Pro. I won't deal with a shop who's head is so far up their own ass that they cannot admit they are clueless as to when a product is genuinely released.
I emailed them asking them about this and am waiting a reply. I feel the exact same way. This is my first time dealing with winsunx too.

VomitOnLino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, this is an upgrade of a known product.  Winsunx, again, requires you to fully pay for any pre-orders.  This is where my disappointment stems from.  If they haven't a clue when something is actually going to be in their hands, then they should know better than to ask for a single dime from anyone.
Ah okay, consider my post not including you then.
smile.gif

QUOTE(TheSpade @ Jun 27 2006, 10:00 PM)I passed on EZ-Flash IV due to it's lesser support than other cards, though I was planning to wait for the software to catch up in a few months. Again, this isn't a "rush to buy" issue. I read everything I could on G6 owner comments before deciding to put my money down. Again, Winsunx overstepped themselves. Whether this is the first time or not that they've done this, my opinion of them just fell substancially.
Yeah I point taken, but that was kind of what I was trying to convey - I do not preorder. I only order stuff when someone has got it first and reports it working. That's just me though. And yeah Winsunx can be quite shady at times, as I said were talking about a grey (pirate - let's not kid ourselves here) market here. Most of the flashcard retailers I've seen seem pretty shady to some degree.

Of course I hope Winsunx get their act together and you get your G6 just fine.

On the EZ4 side of things, well it works just as the M3 for me... I'm waiting at least another 1-2 months before buying another product - I want to see if they can get the problems worked out via patch, as that would save me some money and nerves.

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
I know it'll sound incredibly shallow, but I'm really dissapointed now, the original M3 CF just looks so wrong in the DS Lite, it's not I mind it sticking out so much, it's just... /wrong/ !

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know it'll sound incredibly shallow, but I'm really dissapointed now, the original M3 CF just looks so wrong in the DS Lite, it's not I mind it sticking out so much, it's just... /wrong/ !

Hey dude, stick with the topic. I'm dissapointed that they won't be releasing G6lite pro same date as G6 lite perfect. I'm going to refund and buy Ezflash4
dry.gif

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is fuckin bullshit. i sold like 4 things on ebay got 70 and im transferring 5 into my paypal account so i can buy the pro one. grrr if this is true im gunna me soo pissed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello