OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello!

I'm kinda following the whole DSLite cart trend on the board and read there are 2 versions of G6 Lite. One without and one with GBA compatibility. The question is: how good is it? Wich games work 100%, wich don't? does Goomba work without too much trouble? I heard G6 Lite with GBA runs GBA games slowly? What the heck? And it has great DS compatibility, that's really strange
blink.gif
Can someone clarify this?
Does castlevania work? What about zelda? Etc.

Yust to confirm: homebrew works completely, right?
smile.gif
(scummvm etc)

Thank you very much!
Greets
Edit: partial answer found http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=335...l=scummvm&st=30
Need more opinions
laugh.gif

samk64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jefklak, i've been looking for similar answers too. Here's what i found from somewhere else:

http://www.tehskeen.net/forums/showthread.php?t=529

On slowdown:
QUOTE said:
Someone mentioned on other carts there were not only loading issues but slowdown issues (in game)? Maybe I have that wrong, there is a lot of information avaliable and I imagine some of it is incorrect. Any slowdown issues on the g6?
QUOTE said:
No slowdown in GBA or NDS images. On compatibility:
QUOTE said:
Are there any compatibility concerns with the G6? You mentioned something about patching GBA roms but I didnt know much about that, again is there any way to use the saving system transparently?
QUOTE said:
The way GBA images work is totally different to the NDS. When you convert the images you can patch them with an RTS save and if you don't patch them with RTS it will ask to do so when loading them. A lot of images wont work with the RTS enabled, but with this feature turned off you still have 3 normal SRAM slots to chose from. Unlike the NDS you can use each slot as it's own SRAM so you aren't limited with a main save and backup saves.
I wasn't clear with what he said but RTS save compatibility is not so good.

Now on the gbatemp review for the g6 flash 3rd gen (regarding gba games with RTS patch)...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=28750
Ten games worked and six didn’t (due to either white screens, or major graphics glitches). Now, if I take off real time save all sixteen of these games will work.

From what I am gathering it seems the g6 will run gba games okay if there is no RTS patch, and there won't be any slowdowns.
I am also curious what other people think about the g6 lite, i would really like to see a review for it when it comes out.

Jefklak

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hm, slowdowns, I don't like 'em
frown.gif

But you only need a patch with a game that uses the realtime clock, right?
So goomba, zelda, whatever is unaffected (only pokemon and such)

thanks for the links!
Edit: shit, i'm confusing RTC with RTS (real time saves)
Damn! that sucks, wario land 4 does not work with regular G6?
We'll have to wait for the G6 Lite review I guess

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I assume main reason people down the G6's GBA compatibility is not because of the compatability at all. But the fact that it takes a little while to load each game.. i think i broke it down to liek 10 sec per 128 megabits.. could be mistaken. However this is only a problem with GBA games not NDS. And since you'd be running the emulator in NDS mode it would not be affected by the real time save or loading.
all in all i really don't think it's that big of a deal.
But everyone should just hold off and wait till the G6 Lite is actually released before asking questions about compatibility since for all we know it could be slighty different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol