Hacking "FWRITE FAIL" with Backup Manager

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wanted to dump Uncharted 2 to my external HDD and at 89% the message "FWRITE FAIL" came up. Does anyone know if Uncharted 2 is one of the games with files over 4GB? Maybe that could be the problem.
I checked the Compability List, but Uncharted 2 is not there.

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
Here it shows as supported
http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagen...earch=uncharted

and I know for certain that certain site have this game for download (with a jailbreak), cant post link though
wink.gif

In the NFO:
QUOTE said:
Ripped to internal HDD with Backup Manager 1.0, transferd to PC via PS3 FTP Server.

Contains files over 4GB, use PS3 FTP Server to transfer to PS3 internal HDD.

so no it cant be ripped normal way!

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
It won't help. The backup manager support up to 4gb files, it won't help you to get more gb in the HDD.
the only way, at least for now, is to use ps3 FTP to transfer.
QUOTE said:
This requires Filezilla FTP to work.

first of all download
hxxp://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/ps3-homebrew-ps3-ftp-server.html
(links at bottom click "download").
(IMPORTANT) games file system must be completely intact or else it will fail to launch - no changing names of files etc.
(IMPORTANT) to install .pkg's load onto FAT32 Usb stick, same as you would manager.pkg

at around 800-820kb/s upload, it transferred 8gb in 2 hours and 45 mins to my ps3

information on how to set this up for filezilla

1. create a new site/open site manager (top left corner of program) all options are found in following window that opens

Host - This is the address given to you on the PS3 FTP program.
Port - 21
Logon Type - 'Normal'
User - FTPD12345
Pass - Anything you like

3. then go to transfer settings tab an set as "Active" and set "Limit number of simaltaneous connections" tick this and set it to "1"

4. location to copy game rips too
/dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/
(create "gamez" directory)

4b. location to copy Theme's too
/dev_hdd0/theme

hxxp://filezilla-project.org/download.php

btw the guide wasn't made by me

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
It won't help. The backup manager support up to 4gb files
Really? I thought you can install for example GoW3 to the internal HDD. And GoW3 like Uncharted 2 has files >4GB.

Isn't the filesystem (FAT32) the bottleneck and not the manager itself?

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
SpaceJump said:
QUOTE said:
Really? I thought you can install for example GoW3 to the internal HDD. And GoW3 like Uncharted 2 has files >4GB.

1) you can't used the manager to backup games with files larger than 4gb on fat32
2) you can try turning it to NTFS but I don't think ps3 can read it.
3) you can't copy GoW3 on the HDD internal nor external normally cause the 4gb files...
4) I'm not a programmer but the ps3 or the manager support of only fat32 is the main problem.

Maybe external it will work if you turn it NTFS but I don't think people are that dumb to not try it
wink.gif
if it was possible people wouldn't had so many problems with the 4gb files as mentioned.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm lost here....backup manager DOES support 4gb and over files when ripping right? long as the destination is the internal HDD

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rydian said:
You let the PS3 format it and it'll set it up it's own way.
Hm, in that case it would be a better idea to replace the internal HDD than buying an external one.

Anyone got a good link to a HDD replacement tutorial?

JPOrtiz831

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinintendo said:
SpaceJump said:
QUOTE said:

1) you can't used the manager to backup games with files larger than 4gb on fat32
2) you can try turning it to NTFS but I don't think ps3 can read it.
3) you can't copy GoW3 on the HDD internal nor external normally cause the 4gb files...
4) I'm not a programmer but the ps3 or the manager support of only fat32 is the main problem.

Maybe external it will work if you turn it NTFS but I don't think people are that dumb to not try it
wink.gif
if it was possible people wouldn't had so many problems with the 4gb files as mentioned.

You CANT use NTFS External the ps3 will not recognize it. Ive SUCCESSFULLY ripped and played God of war 3 to my external using backup manager v4 by rogero. It doesnt break the 4gb limit because it DOES NOT have any SINGLE file that is greater than 4gb. Uncharted 2 doesnt let me rip it the same way because it has a pak22.psarc file that is over 4gb.

So you CAN copy god of war 3 to your internal or external it doesnt make a difference. uncharted 2 you cannot but im gonna try to use this software called PS3 Game ripper since i have a bluray burner and try to ftp the one giant psarc file to the internal (since i have a broken bluray drive on one of my ps3s)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol